Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for 1-6x, 1-8x, or even better 1-10x optics suggestions.

Feedback Score

Looking for 1-6x, 1-8x, or even better 1-10x optics suggestions.

I have very little exposure to scopes, so I need some help finding good glass. I want it for 5.56/.308 and it needs to be 3-gun rugged at a minimum. I've been disappointed by every scope I've owned except for a 3-12x50 Steiner Military which I sold in exchange for two different purpose oriented optics. I currently have a Burris 1.5-8x28 and a Primary Arms 1-6x(7.62x39). I'd like them both if it weren't for the distortion and/or fog at low power. The Burris looks great with a little magnification, but at 1.5x it almost seems like a liability more than red dot like due to the glass distortion. So I'm looking to find something that's extremely vivid and clear at 1x up through it's range. I prefer bdc scopes but that's not a deal breaker. I have a 34mm mount, but I can sell that if needed. I see Burris has a new 34mm 1-8x24 coming out but I question that glass due to my current scope. PA has a premium 34mm scope but hate to gamble on 1x clarity there as well even though the scope I currently have is a much lower cost product. Anyone used the IOR 1-10x? Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    I have very little exposure to scopes, so I need some help finding good glass. I want it for 5.56/.308 and it needs to be 3-gun rugged at a minimum. I've been disappointed by every scope I've owned except for a 3-12x50 Steiner Military which I sold in exchange for two different purpose oriented optics. I currently have a Burris 1.5-8x28 and a Primary Arms 1-6x(7.62x39). I'd like them both if it weren't for the distortion and/or fog at low power. The Burris looks great with a little magnification, but at 1.5x it almost seems like a liability more than red dot like due to the glass distortion. So I'm looking to find something that's extremely vivid and clear at 1x up through it's range. I prefer bdc scopes but that's not a deal breaker. I have a 34mm mount, but I can sell that if needed. I see Burris has a new 34mm 1-8x24 coming out but I question that glass due to my current scope. PA has a premium 34mm scope but hate to gamble on 1x clarity there as well even though the scope I currently have is a much lower cost product. Anyone used the IOR 1-10x? Thanks in advance!
    If bucks are no object, check out the new Swarovski 1-8, really nice.

Feedback Score
    Bucks definitely matter at this time...but this is for my "go to" so not really.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Budget?
    Size/weight envelope?
    Preference for FFP/SFP?
    What are you going to use it for?
    What is the smallest target you need to shoot at what distance?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    Bucks definitely matter at this time...but this is for my "go to" so not really.
    Check out the Leupold VX6 1-6, and the Trijicon TR-25 1-6. Nice scopes in the $1100-$1300 range. Pretty good specs for both, nice glass.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Budget?
    Size/weight envelope?
    Preference for FFP/SFP?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I use the Trijicon TR-25 1X6 on one of my guns.
    The MilDot reticle makes it versatile and usable for shooting at distance.
    The FO illuminated dot is NOT as fast as my Steiner 1X4 or dot scopes due to the smaller size.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Budget?
    Size/weight envelope?
    Preference for FFP/SFP?
    As Jack stated above--no way we can answer the OP's question without further details.

Feedback Score
    Budget? $2,500, but only if well justified over $1,500 optics.
    Size/weight envelope? Obviously less is more.
    Preference for FFP/SFP? Open, but do prefer FFP seeing as I prefer a bdc.
    What are you going to use it for? Potentially everything.
    What is the smallest target you need to shoot at what distance? A freckle at 800 yards.

My leading considerations have been the IOR Pitbull 1/6, IOR 1-10x, Vortex 1-6, and the Trijicons. My main desire is as red dot as possible even with a dead battery but with the ability for range if needed(600 yards realistically). My current scopes look okay on the bottom end so long as there's plenty of sunlight but leave much to be desired otherwise. Low mag clarity and ease of finding the eye box takes highest priority. May be better off with a red dot or prism and magnifier. Limited exposure limits informed decision making. Shout out to Mrgunsngear.

Feedback Score
    When I was looking at scopes, Almost anything past 1-6 didn't make sense to me, as I could mount a 2.5-10x and an offset rds for cheaper and/or less weight. Make sure you explore all options carefully.

Also, a 1x is useless if the eybox is a pinhole so make sure you get some hands on, or at least a lot of reviews.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast