Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre made First Aid/IFIK kits

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I have various iterations of Advance Medical Kits in all my vehicles, house, packs. I usually add to them to suit my needs but they are a great start. I bought all mine from sierratradingpost.com for a fraction of retail. Heck, I once picked up several of their pocket size kits for like $3 or $4. You just need to watch their sales as inventory constantly changes.
    Definitely agree, that's a great place to start out. They put them on sale because the OTC meds in them are nearing their expiration dates. It's very easy to buy replacements for those, and save a big chuck of cash.

I have used one of their old Mountain Medic bags for ages, and it has held up great.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Definitely agree, that's a great place to start out. They put them on sale because the OTC meds in them are nearing their expiration dates. It's very easy to buy replacements for those, and save a big chuck of cash.

I have used one of their old Mountain Medic bags for ages, and it has held up great.
    A little trick when ordering from STP: put what you want in your cart and go all the way through checkout, but don't complete the checkout. Close out the webpage, and in less than a day 9 out of 10 times they will send you an email offering free shipping if you complete your checkout.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Interesting, I did not know that.

I get their deal flyers through the email all the time, and use it to stock up on Carhartt clothes. I've usually got enough of those to hit their $50 free shipping, but I'll definitely remember your tip.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I have various iterations of Advance Medical Kits in all my vehicles, house, packs. I usually add to them to suit my needs but they are a great start. I bought all mine from sierratradingpost.com for a fraction of retail. Heck, I once picked up several of their pocket size kits for like $3 or $4. You just need to watch their sales as inventory constantly changes.
    If you have a HSA account the money is good for these kits.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I had forgotten about that - that's an awesome point. It would really pay off for you if your HSA is one of those "use it or lose it" accounts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I did a fair bit of research on the use of HSA money (I ran into some issues with the account management, not the IRS) a few years ago, including calling the IRS, and I would suggest you make sure any spending other than that done on the advice of a medical professional is allowable. The rules don't really make sense to me, or didn't when I looked into it. YMMV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123