Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Walther CCP vs PPS

Feedback Score

Question Opinions on Walther CCP vs PPS

I have seen a lot of good reviews for the PPS and for the PPQ but does anyone have experience with the CCP?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Check the Walther forum. The CCP appears to be a rather problematic firearm. I believe it's made by Umarex in their Airgun factory in Arnsberg, as opposed to the PPS which is made by Walther in Ulm.

I have a PPS Classic and a PPS M2. Both are really excellent, well-made pistols, ideally-suited for concealed carry. I also have a couple of PPQs...likewise excellent pistol.
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-05-16 at 07:05.

Feedback Score
    The CCP is an abortion of a handgun (check out the Walther Forums and see for yourself!). The PPS is a better choice.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have two CCPs. They have both been flawless. I also have the PPS. I like the CCP better and carry it more. The PPS is flatter but does not have as good of a trigger.

I have the PPS (M1) with paddle release. I wasn't interested in the PPS M2 simply because I would have to buy new mags. It also came out after I already bought my two CCPs.

Yes there have been problems with the CCP and none with the PPS.

All I can do is talk about my sample of two. I love them. My wife likes the CCP because it is easier for her to rack.

Another advantage for the PPS is availability of night sights. None so far for the CCP.

James
    Last edited by extremist; 08-05-16 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've only shot one CCP and the trigger was terrible and the recoil was severe with SD ammo. My PPS is a much better firearm, smoother trigger and better recoil characteristics.

I don't understand Walther, they knock it out of the park with PPQ and PPS, then make the CCP and PPX.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    I've only shot one CCP and the trigger was terrible and the recoil was severe with SD ammo. My PPS is a much better firearm, smoother trigger and better recoil characteristics.

I don't understand Walther, they knock it out of the park with PPQ and PPS, then make the CCP and PPX.
    All I can say is that is not my experience.

To the OP, I would suggest you find a friend or gun range that has both to rent and try them. Best of luck in your search.

Feedback Score
    The CCP is not made by Walther, in the same way that the Mosquito is not made by Sig. Quality wise, there is no comparison between the PPS and CCP.

I'd also suggest checking the reviews and comments on the CCP section of the Walther forum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    The CCP is not made by Walther, in the same way that the Mosquito is not made by Sig. Quality wise, there is no comparison between the PPS and CCP.

I'd also suggest checking the reviews and comments on the CCP section of the Walther forum.
    Not 100% accurate. There's a thread here: http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/c...de-umarex.html

Statement: " Just because it has Arnsburg proofs. Doesn't mean that it was manufactured my Umarex. According to Walther it has it's own area in the Umarex complex and uses their own Walther workers, not Umarex's."

Feedback Score
    I made a few posts in that thread back when it was active.

Umarex owns Walther, and they put the Walther banner on pistols that come out of the Umarex plant in Arnsberg, but there is no way that I would compare them to the Walther products coming out of the Walther plant in Ulm. They are just in a different league as far as I'm concerned.

The P22, G22, SP22, and PK380, have all had some pretty bad issues. I wouldn't expect much better from the CCP.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    One of my good buddies bought a CCP (late 2015) and that thing has been nothing but a headache for him. He sent it back for warranty work at least four times. I've shot it personally and witnessed / experienced the multiple stoppages on every range trip that we went on. From the very first magazine, there were stovepipes, double feeds, failure-to-extract, failure-to-eject, failures to return to battery, etc. etc. It literally had every stoppage imaginable. We tried everything too. Different shooters, varied the ammo, tracked magazines, clean, lube, inspection, etc.

Oddly enough, and after the last trip back to Walther, it has run for about 200 rounds with no stoppages. Nothing earth-shattering but still a stark contrast to the every-other-round rate of failure before. The warranty guys were never clear about what issues they found or what they did but it seems that they may have fixed the problem. Nonetheless, my friend was not happy with the purchase and regretted it badly. Based on this first-hand experience, I would never recommend this gun to anybody for any reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast