Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Walther CCP vs PPS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And that's the way it's going to be - you will have people that hate the CCP because they've had issues and then you'll have people like me that love it.

Only you can decide - YOURSELF - by trying.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The volume of Internet complaining is significantly louder for the CCP than for ANY Ulm-made Walther.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by extremist View Post
    And that's the way it's going to be - you will have people that hate the CCP because they've had issues and then you'll have people like me that love it.

Only you can decide - YOURSELF - by trying.
    It is one of those love vs hate relationships. It is probably in your best interests to rent one or borrow one to see if you like it. The CCP is like the Glock 43 in that regards, as some experienced Glock owners can shoot the 43 and others can not. The MAC channel had a video recently, and Tim from the channel actually preferred the CCP over the Glock 43 because he simply could not shoot the thing. If you have not already reviewed the video here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PHh6iDKHa4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryOperated View Post
    It is one of those love vs hate relationships. It is probably in your best interests to rent one or borrow one to see if you like it.
    I don't think that's the issue. I think the issue is functionality and reliability. Putting a hundred rounds or so through a rental CCP isn't going to tell you whether or not the one you buy will be one of the CCP's that works properly.

It's an odds thing. There appears to be a substantially higher percentage of CCPs that don't work compared to other Walther (or other brand) alternatives. If you buy one, the question apparently is "do you feel lucky?"

Feedback Score
    I've owned an Umarex HK MP5-22 for a few years and I have nothing bad to say about it, so my only experience with Umarex is good. You'll find plenty of other that say the same for this model. So the Umarex name doesn't scare me.

But so far I've read a LOT of issues with the CCPs. I hope they get sorted out as it seems to be a good design, but my PPS M1 (mfg 2009) has never failed to fire in 2k rounds.

I have three single stack 9mms, the PPS, and this year I picked up a Ruger LC9S and a Shield 9mm. The Shield seems to be just as good as the PPS in terms of trigger feel, accuracy & reliability. The only issue I've had with the Ruger is the front sight came loose. But the forums have a lot more reported issues with the LC9S over the Shield. And issues with loose sights go back 4 or 5 years. So as much as like my other Ruger pistols I'm wondering if this LC9S is made as well as my Shield & PPS.

Feedback Score
    I bought a CCP and just love the gun. Fit, feel, size and 8 round mags. Now they are a bit ammo picky and the do get hot after a bit of shooting but these guns are tack drivers. I would buy another without hesitation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cocojo View Post
    I bought a CCP and just love the gun. Fit, feel, size and 8 round mags. Now they are a bit ammo picky and the do get hot after a bit of shooting but these guns are tack drivers. I would buy another without hesitation.
    Damning with faint praise...

Feedback Score
    Hmac, no not really. The gun just likes hotter ammo. These are a decent pistols and I love the one I carry. The CCP is one of the most accurate pistols around. It's a tack driver without a doubt. Anyway I like it. Quite a few people are trashing the gun who have either never owned one or fired one. Either because of the take down, which is no where near as bad as people make it out to be, or just because it's made by Umerex. I take my gun down with a glock tool and have no issues with that. My pistol has a very smooth trigger and the reset is not that bad. I don't really care one way or another about selling the gun but please don't trash it if you never shot or owned one, on someone else's issues. I like the gun and it works for me and I own many pistols I could use instead.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have never trashed the CCP. I have only observed that other people have trashed the CCP at a far greater rate than most other handguns, and even on that great bastion of Walther fanboyism...Waltherforums.com

As you say:
    • it gets hot
    • it is difficult to take down
    • it's finicky about ammo
    • it's made by Umarex

Antway, I don't see a need for "tack driving" accuracy in a defensive, concealed carry handgun. For such a pistol to fulfill its accuracy role, it needs to be able to put rounds consistently into an 8 inch circle at 7 yards. What competent concealed carry pistol won't do that? On the other hand, a defensive pistol also needs to be utterly reliable and NOT finicky about ammo. Why would anyone prize "tack driving accuracy" over functionality and reliability for gun that they are mainly going to rely on to protect their life from 21 feet or less?
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-21-16 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    Hmac those are all valid points and I do agree with them, but any handgun can have issues they are mechanical devices made by humans. As for the CCP, it's not a bad pistol. I can tell you I have owned a ton of handguns in my life and have had issues with guns people adore. Many have had very problematic issues far worse than getting hot after 50 rounds or the process of taking down a pistol for cleaning. I won't get into the many handguns that I have had returned to their companies and been issued a new handgun because they were unrepairable. As for accuracy the more the better, it hits where I point it. By the way the statement I made was not directed at you about people trashing the gun without ever owning one. It was what I have seen too many times on the net where a few people have had issues with guns and trash them, way too many follow suit without ever owning the gun or ever shooting one. This gun does work and many owners are surprised by the trash talk, because their pistols work fine. All handguns can be finicky about ammo and some very respectable handguns to boot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast