Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: ASR blast shield

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    BigWaylon, I would be down for a couple/few of the last shields and am VERY interested in the thread adapters. Could you PM the contact info for this machinist?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Any news on these? I could use one for a class coming up instead of having to change out my muzzle device...

I just heard back from him and he hasn't had time to work on them but he intends to in the future...
    Last edited by sva01; 03-14-17 at 07:53.

Feedback Score
    Just an update I posted elsewhere.

Originally Posted By BigWaylon (early April):

Got a reply back:

Right now I am turning a 300lb piece into a 20lb piece. I will have about a week of programing and then another week of machining to make that one part. I started making more 3lug wrenches Friday should have them done this week. I have a lot of custom work to do and feel bad for taking so long to get things complete.

And yes, I told him I needed before & after pics of whatever the current project is. []
    For anybody interested in something not firearm related...he sent me these pics today. Started with 300lb 4140 forgings. After a little work, they now have a dozen or so of these being shipped out tomorrow for the NASCAR race at the road course in Sonoma this weekend.

As far as parts you may be keeping an eye out for, he said:

I still want to do the blast shield. I have worked every day since the middle of April on this project for work. It is going on the airplane Thursday morning to California to race this weekend. Looks like I will not go home until Thursday. I will have pictures for you when it is done. I plan on getting back to finishing some custom projects next week and will see what I can do with making YHM mounts and the blast shields after that. Been talking about making the YHM and shield for the last two years now, time fly's by to quick. I know people have give up on me and just want to say i'm sorry for not being able to complete orders.

So, I know y'all have been happy with the Omega/Hybrid compatible parts, the 3-lug wrenches, and probably some one-off stuff...but sounds like more to come.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    That is a ton of material to remove on a 4140 forging. Makes me cringe thinking of the cost of tooling and the time taken to machine each one.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    That is a ton of material to remove on a 4140 forging. Makes me cringe thinking of the cost of tooling and the time taken to machine each one.
    Yeah...I'm not sure what the forging cost, but he said the parts were $7500/ea.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have one of his 9/16-24 Omega direct-thread attachments and was notified that my 9/16-28 will be done soon. First-rate quality and service

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Definitely looking forward to the blast shields if/when they begin to be produced. If it can compete with the Surefire Warden I think it will be hot seller for sure! Patiently waiting for some great updates.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I need hybrid end caps in 5.56, 7.62, & 9mm. I would also buy a blast shield when they're ready...
    Last edited by 00jabo; 06-25-17 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    Hi All. Long time reader, first time poster. BigWaylon please send me the contact info as well. I'm interested in two end caps, a direct thread mount and blast shields when they become available. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would have liked to got an ASR Blast shield but I couldn't wait any longer and had to get the one SilencerCo offers. It did include the mount which I thought was great.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast