Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASR blast shield

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I might be interested. I have the Sico one but honestly whatever he makes can't look any worse than that one. I would get an extra, just depends on pricing I guess.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Just to be clear...when I referred to the YHM one I was using as a basic idea, it was the SSS version from the first page...this one from page 1:

https://s32.postimg.org/gu6dp5n9x/image.jpg

The grenade version YHM actually makes is hideous. I did leave my SSS ones at the machinist.
    That's not too bad, by comparison.

Forgive my 5 minute drawing, but this is almost to scale, roughly 3" long, 1.4" diameter, and stylized like a Specwar. It would cover up the teeth on the ASR muzzle device. The fake locking ring would be knurled appropriately to make install/removal easy. And yes, it is a smooth tube, but the back end brings it together much like the Surefire Warden. No worries if you don't like the idea.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I would be in for one or two. I like Will's concept, as well.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I'd already presented the idea of having it extend over the muzzle teeth, as I just figured it wouldn't be much harder to make and people would prefer that.

I'll pass those pics along if that's OK.

Might not need all the teeth on the fake locking ring, but that design could lead to finger grooves or something else to allow for grip. He could also add the notches that would accept the hook on the Omega wrench.

What do you think about 3-5 of the notches like an Omega/Saker/Hybrid have to accept the wrench. Put them on the edge of the smooth part closest to the gap, similar to the existing cans? That would give it a combo look of all the cans that use ASR mounts.

Is 3" OAL the length y'all think it would need to be? I know there used to be some longer ASR mounts. Wasn't sure how far past the end anybody would want it to go.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 08-09-16 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'd already presented the idea of having it extend over the muzzle teeth, as I just figured it wouldn't be much harder to make and people would prefer that.

I'll pass those pics along if that's OK.

Might not need all the teeth on the fake locking ring, but that design could lead to finger grooves or something else to allow for grip. He could also add the notches that would accept the hook on the Omega wrench.

What do you think about 3-5 of the notches like an Omega/Saker/Hybrid have to accept the wrench. Put them on the edge of the smooth part closest to the gap, similar to the existing cans? That would give it a combo look of all the cans that use ASR mounts.

Is 3" OAL the length y'all think it would need to be? I know there used to be some longer ASR mounts. Wasn't sure how far past the end anybody would want it to go.
    Absolutely, feel free to use the pics. And yes, doing the wrench slots sounds like a good idea, too.

As for OAL, some of the original SWR mounts were a bit longer. I don't have any of those on hand, though. The current ASR flash hiders are roughly 2.45" in length to the longest tine.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Absolutely, feel free to use the pics. And yes, doing the wrench slots sounds like a good idea, too.

As for OAL, some of the original SWR mounts were a bit longer. I don't have any of those on hand, though. The current ASR flash hiders are roughly 2.45" in length to the longest tine.
    I have the ones that came with my Omega, although I don't have any need for them. He has one at the shop and I have the other. So, he'll base the design off that. Adding .5" may be a good idea...even if it doesn't cover the old ones completely. Not sure what the difference in length is.

Feedback Score
    I have one of the longer ones, if for some reason you need measurements.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    I like Will's design. I'd be down for maybe a couple of those.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    I have one of the longer ones, if for some reason you need measurements.
    If you don't mind. Total length, and also the length from the teeth to the end of the longest tine (to include the width of the teeth).

Feedback Score
    If you don't mind. Total length, and also the length from the teeth to the end of the longest tine (to include the width of the teeth).
    Ok, when I get home I will measure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast