Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ASR blast shield

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well bought myself an Omega. So I'll be down for a blast shield as well as a 5.56 end cap.

Still interested in a 9mm end cap for an Octane 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Went to visit the machinist today to pick up some other items and asked about the blast shield.

He said he was hoping by the end of the year. They're just slammed for business right now. He mentioned that if he had somebody else with a lathe, he'd just outsource it at this point, but most of his friendly contacts just have mills.

I have no doubt they'll be worth the wait, both for quality and price, but I just don't know when we'll see them.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Hopefully we see them by the end of the year because I would like to run one on my 12.5" gun at DARC in January, since I can't run a can with Sims.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Asked for an update on the blast shields.

He said he's finishing up a batch of 5.56 and 7.62 end caps, 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 DT adapters, and some MAAD adapters. Probably 150-200 total pieces. The end caps will have the caliber engraved. He's sending the whole batch out to be coated black.

Hopefully done next week (not sure if that meant the raw parts, or includes the coating). Either way, the blast shield is next.

As info...he doing this recent work during normal working hours. So, he's either eating some of the profit since it's going on company time, or the costs goes up a small amount. I know last time he just absorbed the increase.

And yes, I'm aware I've posted "blast shield is next" several times, but I can only pass along what he tells me.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Thanks for the update. Will there be an opportunity to purchase the caps and DT adapters or are they all accounted for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Thanks for the update. Will there be an opportunity to purchase the caps and DT adapters or are they all accounted for?
    Fairly certain they're not all spoken for. I think he was filling orders and making extras to stock.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm good for a blast shield. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've been in and out of this thread over a number of months and haven't recently gone back to read it all...
    With that said, what is the advantage of the end caps and DT adapter? Is it the weight and cost savings vs. the OEM offering or is there more to it?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    With that said, what is the advantage of the end caps and DT adapter? Is it the weight and cost savings vs. the OEM offering or is there more to it?
    That's about it.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    BigWaylon, the 51T SiCo mount is a pig and most of that is due to the center ACME thread piece. Do we think he could make that piece out of titanium or maybe replicate the whole 51T mount?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast