Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ASR blast shield

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    BigWaylon, the 51T SiCo mount is a pig and most of that is due to the center ACME thread piece. Do we think he could make that piece out of titanium or maybe replicate the whole 51T mount?
    It has a moving part, right? That's makes it a whole different level of machining. I could see him being able to make a blast shield for one, but not sure about the whole 51T MAAD mount.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    It does but just rides on a thread with a stop pin. But all the weight is in that center piece.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It does but just rides on a thread with a stop pin. But all the weight is in that center piece.
    You could definitely send him one and see what he thinks about it. Not sure if pics would be enough to make that determination.

I have no doubt he could replicate anything...its just a matter of how much time (and thus money) it would take.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    And yes, I'm aware I've posted "blast shield is next" several times, but I can only pass along what he tells me.
    No worries. Not like you pre-sold em or anything. I can handle delays as long as somebody isn't sitting on my $$$ with their thumb up their butt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You could definitely send him one and see what he thinks about it. Not sure if pics would be enough to make that determination.

I have no doubt he could replicate anything...its just a matter of how much time (and thus money) it would take.
    Gray beard machinist I used to work with always said "Somebody made that one didn't they" when you asked him if he could replicate something.

Feedback Score
    anyone have pics?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    They aren't in production yet.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Any word on the blast shield yet? I got some endcaps and they're awesome but that blast though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rapomstage3 View Post
    Any word on the blast shield yet? I got some endcaps and they're awesome but that blast though.
    Ran into a potential patent issue. He was checking with a lawyer last time I asked. Don't know if it'll get made anytime soon or not.

ETA: found my last email...1/19. Went ahead and sent him another just now.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 02-19-17 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    Heard back from him this morning. Looks like it's still going to stay on his to-do list. Problem is all NASCAR shops have been focused on Daytona for at least a month, hard as they can go. He said it should calm down in a couple weeks and he'll get back on it.

I did see some of the end caps and adapters he got back after having them coated black, and they looked great. They were Ti, so it'll probably be a different process for these blast shields.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If there are still some end caps available, I would be interested in them. Especially if coated black.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast