Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ripsaw AR 15

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
    Still (im)patiently waiting for BATFE to release my stamp for my ripsaw (along with 4 other cans). Any other updates/reviews from your time with your rifle? Would love a full write up if you have the time.
    It certainly won't be "30-40 percent quieter", and it certainly will have drawbacks. On the plus side it can be a more basic setup as it won't be run with and without the can, making it an easier weapon for the company to dial in for a gasport. Hopefully they are having their own barrels made, instead of buying generic ones with standard large gasports. One stamp is cheaper than two, but since you are already going through the paperwork.... I'm not sure why it matters.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    So far the biggest drawback is the weight. Also, I would not recommend it unless you already have other cans to switch around with other rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It certainly won't be "30-40 percent quieter", and it certainly will have drawbacks. On the plus side it can be a more basic setup as it won't be run with and without the can, making it an easier weapon for the company to dial in for a gasport. Hopefully they are having their own barrels made, instead of buying generic ones with standard large gasports. One stamp is cheaper than two, but since you are already going through the paperwork.... I'm not sure why it matters.
    Honestly, you addressed why I wanted one and it wasn't the paperwork. With a designated can, this should out perform anything else that is modular because it should (notice word choice) be purpose built. Gas block should align with pressure and porting and the can should have a baffle construction that is commensurate. I won't know until I get my stamp how true this is though

Quote Originally Posted by xrck View Post
    So far the biggest drawback is the weight. Also, I would not recommend it unless you already have other cans to switch around with other rifles.
    Yeah, it's a heavy biatch. Would love a write up though when you get a chance. The only stuff out on the net about it is from KA representatives

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ttusqrl,

Lots of "shoulds", and that is what gets scary. If the company listed the port size, it would be a little more reassuring. However, I understand that is way past the point most people would care about.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score

ttusqrl,

Lots of "shoulds", and that is what gets scary. If the company listed the port size, it would be a little more reassuring. However, I understand that is way past the point most people would care about.
    I'm the choir on this one, just so we are on the same page. I'll provide my feedback once I receive the weapon. You're more than welcome to come shoot it if you're in Texas and it seems like a review is justified. Who knows, maybe it will surprise both of us.

That said, I'm managing my expectations since they already have a mark 2 and I have a first gen coming in.

Feedback Score
    Well, my stamp came in and I picked it up. Very happy with how quiet it is, but I'm seeing some keyholing. I plan on taking it apart to see if there has been a baffle strike as well as trying other rounds afterward. Wanted to see if anyone else had experience with it.

Btw, I assume the end of the rifle is like a normal end cap, and the instructions (which are poor at best) say to use a standard spanner wrench, but it won't fit right and I can't get the end cap off. Have a call into KA to see if they can help before I unleash hell on it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
    Well, my stamp came in and I picked it up. Very happy with how quiet it is, but I'm seeing some keyholing. I plan on taking it apart to see if there has been a baffle strike as well as trying other rounds afterward. Wanted to see if anyone else had experience with it.

Btw, I assume the end of the rifle is like a normal end cap, and the instructions (which are poor at best) say to use a standard spanner wrench, but it won't fit right and I can't get the end cap off. Have a call into KA to see if they can help before I unleash hell on it
    Do me a favor and keep us updated. Keyholing is troubling.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Why am I shocked by this?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12