Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to submit a Form 1 via Trust Ownership. Any lessons learned before I submit?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

About to submit a Form 1 via Trust Ownership. Any lessons learned before I submit?

I freaking procrastinated too long and have spent the last hour + reading the new requirements. I'm kicking myself for putting this off, but I have a lower that needs to get registered. Regarding the fingerprints, I've got the cards on order, but is there a proper technique to fingerprinting ones self so it doesn't get kicked backed? I can get a passport photo from the local post office - no worries there. What other traps are out there I don't see?

Also, since this takes away from the e-form submission, any update on lead times to get a F1 approved? That God I got my 2 cans submitted in June. Any insight from those that have recently submitted is appreciated.

amac
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    I would get the prints done at a PD or someone who knows how to do them. It's not hard, but for me there was a bit of a learning curve.

Updates on times... no one has any idea. You'll see 6-18 months floating around as guesses. My guess is Form 4's from June will most likely take close to a year. (January it took them a week for initial data entry and 6-7 months to approve. Now, it's taking four months or so for initial data entry, so if you still tack on the 6-7 months for approval, that makes it 10-11 months. Given the tremendously increased volume, 6-7 months for approval after entry is pretty generous.) It was up to roughly a year (give or take) post 2013 scare, and that has nothing on volume compared to pre 41F.

Feedback Score
    You can do photos yourself for much cheaper than a place that does them. Plenty of free apps that will assist.

Feedback Score
    One little tip on rolling your prints get a few sets print cards done.. have a practice roll on blank paper first if being done by someone that has not done them much. That was one of things I had to do when setting at desk duty for background checks and the like. A some prints sets was for NFA stuff too, it would suck waiting 6 months to be kicked back for a bad set of prints
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
    One little tip on rolling your prints get a few sets print cards done.. have a practice roll on blank paper first if being done by someone that has not done them much. That was one of things I had to do when setting at desk duty for background checks and the like. A some prints sets was for NFA stuff too, it would suck waiting 6 months to be kicked back for a bad set of prints
    Because of the fear of this, I contacted my buddy that handled my gun trust and some other nfa items. He is setting up shop to assist (for a nominal fee of course) the F1 and F4 process. I'd rather pay a bit, then screw things up.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    I would get the prints done at a PD or someone who knows how to do them. It's not hard, but for me there was a bit of a learning curve.

Updates on times... no one has any idea. You'll see 6-18 months floating around as guesses. My guess is Form 4's from June will most likely take close to a year. (January it took them a week for initial data entry and 6-7 months to approve. Now, it's taking four months or so for initial data entry, so if you still tack on the 6-7 months for approval, that makes it 10-11 months. Given the tremendously increased volume, 6-7 months for approval after entry is pretty generous.) It was up to roughly a year (give or take) post 2013 scare, and that has nothing on volume compared to pre 41F.
    Yea depending on your area getting the police to do them can be pretty easy. I know last time I needed finger print cards I called and they told me which office to go to. I think I had to wait like 15 minutes or so once I got there and a detective walked down and did it. In my case they were for my concealed handgun permit so they were free but I seem to remember it being pretty reasonable if you needed them for some other reason.

On times yea no telling. I tend to agree with Joshua that a year can be expected. I have 3 form 4's that went in near the deadline that I'm not expecting back anytime soon. I also have a form 1 that I filed for the hell of it for an extra sbr using a spare bcm lower from right before hand. I didn't really have planned use for it but figured with the delays coming why not? I just registered in in a barrel length of uppers I have on other sbrs so I could legally built it when it comes back.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Man, these extended wait times are just depressing...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Man, these extended wait times are just depressing...
    Just getting worse, I heard Silencer Shop delivered around 10,000 forms on the eve of the 13th.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just sent in a form 1 for my new POF mp5k. These wait time estimates are depressing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    Just sent in a form 1 for my new POF mp5k. These wait time estimates are depressing
    I feel you, I have a sp5k that I just picked up. Going to have to send out the form 1 for it soon. I have a feeling I'll forget about the gun with it jammed in the back of my safe with how long it is going to take.

When the form 3's started taking 2 plus months to go through I knew we were in trouble. That and the time it was taking for the initial data entry on form 4's.
    Last edited by ccosby; 08-15-16 at 23:15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast