Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Israeli red dot sight Hartman MH1 is now available in the US

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Oh, wasn't trying to imply the reticle was a problem, was just pointing out what it immediately reminded me off was all.

ETA: Also, regarding Israeli sruff, I actually like my GL-Mag stock, though it's currently in the 'parts bin'.
    No, I didn't take it like that at all. I was just replying that I like the reticle
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I reached the same conclusion as well. The only Israeli product I like is the pistol LULA. The rifle type LULAs tend to be slower and more complicated to use than the simpler cartridge-pusher devices like the Promag AR mag loader.

It seems as if Israel sells "military" products to our civilian market, and their more elite units frequently use US-made or otherwise non-local weapons and accessories. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but this seems like the general rule.
    They use a lot of US-made stuff is because it's "free". The local made stuff are made for export, job security, or designed for special requirement.

Feedback Score
    I thought I would provide some feedback from my experience when I bought and tried a Hartman MH1. I liked the reticle, but several deficiencies compelled me to return the sight to CAA for a replacement and then sell it. The sight I received from a wholesale distributor had a defective windage adjustment screw. It would not move the impact left or right. Apparently a factory defect. The part of the sight base that mounts to a picatinny rail is a molded plastic part, and the quick release clamp is steel. The clamp applies pressure in the middle of the sight, against two lips molded into the base on the opposite side of the rail. The two lips are at each end of the mount, so when pressure is applied by the clamp in the middle, this is supposed to tighten against the two lips on each end of the opposite side of the mount. The sight would not tighten down completely. After an hour or so, the sight could be moved by hand on the rail. This happened twice while I was attempting to zero the sight on a mil-spec Vltor VIS rail. Apparently, the sight base flexes because it is plastic and this loosens the sight. I tightened the clamp to the point that I was concerned I would strip the threads if I tightened any further, and I could still move the sight by hand on the rail. This movement on the rail after being tightened was an unacceptable design flaw for me. I have been mounting and using scopes and sights for many decades now, so this is not the observations of some bozo who didn't know what he was doing. Foretold is forewarned!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I reached the same conclusion as well. The only Israeli product I like is the pistol LULA. The rifle type LULAs tend to be slower and more complicated to use than the simpler cartridge-pusher devices like the Promag AR mag loader.

It seems as if Israel sells "military" products to our civilian market, and their more elite units frequently use US-made or otherwise non-local weapons and accessories. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but this seems like the general rule.
    Americans have a fascination with the Jews and their weapons that I have never, and will never understand.

Feedback Score
    Garbage from Garbage

Feedback Score
    In all fairness to the Israelis, I did settle on the Mepro M21 with the bullseye reticle as my replacement for my EoTech sights. The M21 is not perfect, but then nothing is. I am not fanatical about the levels of brightness, so the washout does not bother me except in the most extreme of conditions. The washout removers available do a good job of preventing the washout for those situations. The M21 is quite rugged, is always "on" so no dead batteries like I experienced with the EoTechs, and the temperature variance 30F to 90F is negligible. The metal housing is quite tough, able to take some abuse. Again, not a perfect product, but it suits my purposes well. The bullseye reticle is quite fast to acquire targets in the 0 to 100 yards range that I use them for here in the dense woods of the state of Jefferson. It does that better than a single red dot, which tends to get lost in the clutter of the forest. The M21 is much better built than the Hartman MH1, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunInstructor.com View Post
    In all fairness to the Israelis, I did settle on the Mepro M21 with the bullseye reticle as my replacement for my EoTech sights. The M21 is not perfect, but then nothing is. I am not fanatical about the levels of brightness, so the washout does not bother me except in the most extreme of conditions. The washout removers available do a good job of preventing the washout for those situations. The M21 is quite rugged, is always "on" so no dead batteries like I experienced with the EoTechs, and the temperature variance 30F to 90F is negligible. The metal housing is quite tough, able to take some abuse. Again, not a perfect product, but it suits my purposes well. The bullseye reticle is quite fast to acquire targets in the 0 to 100 yards range that I use them for here in the dense woods of the state of Jefferson. It does that better than a single red dot, which tends to get lost in the clutter of the forest. The M21 is much better built than the Hartman MH1, in my opinion.
    The UH1 should provide a suitable upgrade soon.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    More mainstream optics, especially holographic sights, need to implement a wake-up feature imo.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12