Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who makes USGI Magazines for Brownells

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a bunch of early Brownells coyote brown mags and I find them to be great. They subjectively "feel" as nice as my Colt, Okay, and NHTMG mags. Their construction doesn't demonstrate any weldment or spec issues. And they feed/function 100%. I think I bought 50 and pulled a random sample of ten to use as range mags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have used the 30 rounders and have had great luck with them. I bought 20 of them not long ago. I haven't had them long enough to give a long term report, but I would rate them as GTG based on my limited use. They have very smooth function. The springs feel good and ride very smooth inside the mag body. I have been buying 10-20 mags at a time here lately. Don't trust this election coming up. I bought 10 of the USGI mags that BCM is selling, and the Brownells at the same time. I have had no issues with either brand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4luvr View Post
    my experience is opposite that of yours - fit & finish I think is a carbon copy of the colts & okays I have - that outside finish always ends up looking like crap but even the 30's in the other brands, some 30 years old, work 100% - I would definitely buy the Brownell's brand again, all run great in my 6920
    I won't say yours isn't but the Colt 20s I have, which lets just say they kind of vintage, are a lot better looking and feeling then the Brownell mags. I don't know the Brownell's just feels cheap and thin. Not saying I couldn't have gotten a junk one, cuz, shit does happen, but I am 0 for 2 with brownell mags so far. Brought a 30 many moons ago when SH was not much of a memory. Loaded it up, took it to the range, shot it. Ran fine! Reloaded it, left it loaded for about, a month, or two, and somehow the mag bulged enough to where it would not drop free of any lower I owned when prior it dropped free fine. Function seemed to still be okay, but it would hang up in every AR we tried it in. That there is enough for me to be hesitant with their stuff. Not saying I won't buy more, just to play with, cuz, well I buy crap mags as testing mags, or range mags on a semi regular basis when they come across me on the cheap, but they aren't going to be my go tos.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW I have enough lancers, Pmags, and TD ARC mags to last me a lifetime of screwing around (Which isn't to say a large amount, just a pile).

At this point I'm getting GI mags, to include Brownell's, for when the world eventually decides to shit the bed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think Cprod made some early Brownells mags (can't remember if that was ever confirmed)... judging by the sloppy ass quality. But the current stuff looks great, and every Brownells mag I own runs great, including the early wild ones.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    I've got some of their 30s and some of their 20s. I use the 20s on the bench at the range. It tooks replacing the spring and follower in the 30s to get them reliable. Never bothered with the 20s so they're still generally less reliable than anything else I have...
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think Cprod made some early Brownells mags (can't remember if that was ever confirmed)... judging by the sloppy ass quality. But the current stuff looks great, and every Brownells mag I own runs great, including the early wild ones.
    Just wanted to clarify my earlier comment that I bought those probably around 2003ish....and them possibly being cproducts may explain why they're less than reliable. new ones are potentially totally different.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    Just wanted to clarify my earlier comment that I bought those probably around 2003ish....and them possibly being cproducts may explain why they're less than reliable. new ones are potentially totally different.
    Definitely. The Cprod principal was on par with Leightner Wise, and the subsequent company.. (whatever those scam artists are called now) when it came to outright lies and gun forum B.S.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I bought 20 of the Brownells 30 round mags a few months ago, they feel kinda light and clinky compared to a pressed steel mag but they've functioned perfectly so I'm happy with them as stash away mags. Prefer PMAGs but for the money if they went on sale at a decent price I would buy the Brownells mags again.
    Last edited by ar_noob; 08-17-16 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    They are advertised as having " the latest anti tilt follower for reliable feeding." I ordered some earlier this year, and they had the old green follower that is not anti tilt. I returned them and bought D&H mags, which actually did have the tan anti-tilt follower. I like the dry film finish on the Brownell's mag better than the Teflon of the D&H, but that is way down the list after reliable functioning.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay, I just bought three (the last three BTW) with Mag-Pul followers.
    I will work with one and store the other two and if they're good, buy some more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast