Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hkbeltfed's ACR, related projects, and pics

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hkbeltfed's ACR, related projects, and pics

I'm an ACR enthusiast and here's my ACR and some ACR projects and pics of mine.

ACR SBR...

I was trying to reduce the weight of the front, so I designed a removable barrel nut handle that could be stored in the stock...

I gave up on it and designed an aluminum trunnion with ordinary threaded nut which cut 1/3 lb...

I'm working on the carrier now, here's phase 1...

I'm lightening it more too, so more to come.

I've been lucky enough to acquire some spare parts, some very rare.

Gas blocks with and without bayonet lugs...

6.8 bolt head and 5.56...

Full auto marked lowers...

Full auto trigger boxes...

Here's a barrel Marvin did for me...

I thought it was too heavy, so I had him flute it too...

Now, I'm working on my own gas block and op rod spacer to eliminate barrel "conversion" work using a Noveske CHF barrel...

I'll also be using one of my Geissele triggers modified to use a SSA pull in the "semi" position and S3G pull in the "auto" position. I just have to design a selector for the ACR...

http://youtu.be/s-nunUE2szA

http://youtu.be/VW_mwvoVOtY

http://youtu.be/DPQtwILw5V8

More to come...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    damn. Interested to see all this. Just curious, the ACR doesn't get a whole lot of attention. Is this just a hobby? Or are you planning to put these things into production and make a business out of this?

Feedback Score
    Love your ACR setup. Thanks for the bolt btw. It's in a good home!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great thread, I have wanted an ACR since they were first dreamed up. Still trying to convince myself to pay the high price for one. Definitely jealous.

Feedback Score
    I never got into them but found them very interesting. So what's the issue, the barrels are to heavy? Couldn't someone do a run with lighter profile barrels?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hkbeltfed, very very nice work. You are doing many of the things Bushmaster/Rem should have done with the design. I was very excited when Magpul debuted the MASADA. I wish a company other than Bushmaster bought the rights. Imagine if a real rifle manufacturer that was serious about developing the ACR had bought the rights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Hkbeltfed, very very nice work. You are doing many of the things Bushmaster/Rem should have done with the design. I was very excited when Magpul debuted the MASADA. I wish a company other than Bushmaster bought the rights. Imagine if a real rifle manufacturer that was serious about developing the ACR had bought the rights.
    My thoughts as well.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This, word-for-word! It's a shame that a Noveske or BCM didn't pick up those fights and do the MASADA justice. Instead Blemington conspired with Bush league to turn it to shit. This rifle should have been the American SCAR. Hats-off for your efforts and I hope it inspires a deep pockets backer to help you breathe new life into the design. The envy is strong!

Feedback Score
    Comparing the ACR and the Scar, I was more drawn to the ACR.
    I wished Remington released their version of the ACR. I personally like that one over the bushmaster.
    The Remington seems to be more refined and better and lighter material. The bushmaster version is some after thought and gave up.
    I hope make it a business out of it make the bushmaster/ACR better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    ^^^ this once again...
    OP- nice work
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast