Thread: AK Trigger

Feedback Score

AK Trigger

Hi I have been lurking around here for a while and this will be my first post.

I shoot with Rob_S in the carbine shoots he organizes.

My question is about the triggers on the AK I currently have and run an Arsenal SAM-5s in .223. The gun is in stock condition, no optic, no nothing, just a homemade enhanced safety lever and I do very well with it, ask Rob.

Now anyone who knows about AKs knows how hard this rifle is to come by especially the one I have. So I want to put it away and buy an Arsenal Slr106 FR.

Now the trigger question is, the SAM-5 is a double hook trigger which is about as good as it gets for an AK trigger, while the SLR106 is a single hook my question is can you change out the trigger in the Slr106 I know you will have to cut another slot in the receiver but has anyone ever done this before. This question is probably for Templar or someone about as knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not Templar and certainly not as knowledgeable in the subject of AK's. But the Tapco G2 unit is available in both single and double hook offerings.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes, you can install a G2 or Arsenal double hook in the 106FR if you are willing to cut the small slot in the bottom of the receiver.

Honestly though, I have rifles with both single and double hook triggers, and I do pretty well with the stock Arsenal Inc. single hook trigger in my 106. It has a two stage feel to it.

I'd get some trigger time on one before I spent the money to change it out to a double hook.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    OK fair enough, one other question what about a rifle in 5.45 this is off topic but I like the price of this ammo.

Is there anyone you think is better than the other, I know Arsenal makes one but can't find it anywhere for sale and polish Tantals seem to be everywhere.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by k_cheerangie View Post
    OK fair enough, one other question what about a rifle in 5.45 this is off topic but I like the price of this ammo.

Is there anyone you think is better than the other, I know Arsenal makes one but can't find it anywhere for sale and polish Tantals seem to be everywhere.
    I would not deal with one of the Century built Tantals....they are using US made non chrome lined barrels and they've got a deserved reputation for keyholing.

I know they're not "cheap", but if I were looking for another AK-74, I'd get one of the Henderson AKS-74's.

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/pro...4&productId=72

If you don't like the steel buttstock, you can buy one of the solid polymer folders (like on the 106 and 107 series) and replace it.

If you want a Tantal, I'd buy a kit from gunthings.com and get a receiver from NODAK and then have a good smith build it for you.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com