Thread: Trigger guard ears too wide?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trigger guard ears too wide?

Was putting together an aero lower last night using spiral pins. Put my magpul aluminum trigger guard on and it rattles and slides side to side, so I put the standard roll pin that comes with kit in, tightens it up but the trigger guard is slightly to one side, not a big deal but I was just wandering if this is kinda normal? The 2 Anderson lowers I put together had a good fit, this ones not bad per say just had me wandering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike14_07 View Post
    Was putting together an aero lower last night using spiral pins. Put my magpul aluminum trigger guard on and it rattles and slides side to side, so I put the standard roll pin that comes with kit in, tightens it up but the trigger guard is slightly to one side, not a big deal but I was just wandering if this is kinda normal? The 2 Anderson lowers I put together had a good fit, this ones not bad per say just had me wandering.
    I have a couple that have a little play. On mine the play doesn't come from the roll pin end, it comes from the screw where the detent would be on a regular trigger guard. It bottoms out before it brings it in real tight. On mine anyway and it's been a non issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Could you post a pic? I'm curious to see how much play/wiggle room it has.

I do not know the tolerance for the trigger guard ears, but probably not worth the hassle to send it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Could you post a pic? I'm curious to see how much play/wiggle room it has.

I do not know the tolerance for the trigger guard ears, but probably not worth the hassle to send it back.
    .438" to .446"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mike14 07,
    Could you measure it? I wonder if it's in that range.
    I have a feeling it's out of spec but I'll hold back until it's confirmed.