Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stock for P516

Feedback Score

New Stock for P516

I want to change the SB15 on my P516 to a real stock like the Magpul UBR Collapsible Stock due to wanting to shoulder the weapon and because of the "cool factor".

https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-collapsible-stock

Here is where it gets weird. The UBR comes with the necessary Entry-Length Receiver Extension tube. My question is will it fit on the receiver of the Sig.
    An image of the RE is here...
    http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r...bum/Sig-RE.jpg

I measured the tube where the Brace slides on up to the hex shaped stop at a rather oversized 1.220". I measured the tube ahead of the hex near the Sig logo at 1.120". And the threads at 1.175". Certainly not a standard buffer tube.
    I did take out the spring and buffer and they measure standard mil-spec carbine size.
    If I get some other stock, what buffer tube would I need?
    And yes, I've SBR form 1 the pistol. I did this because I did not want to be at the range, shoulder the SB15, and have a conflict with some officer of the law! Whole other can of worms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When was your 516 manufactured?
    Last edited by D_M; 08-15-16 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    D_M,
    I got it from Able's Sporting in March of this year. They had just gotten it in and no other local gun shop had one. The buffer tube / RE is different than all of the others pictured on Sig web pages and their documentation that came with the P516. It may be some proprietary tube. The Brace can be taken off the tube with a bit of pressure. The total length is 7.25" and it appears to be an anti tilt design like at http://phase5wsi.com/hex-2-pistol-bu...x-2-clone.html

Feedback Score
    I guess what bothers me is that the dimensions on a mil-spec tube are different than the thread size of this one I have. I appreciate the help. It looks like with only (Sig RE 1.175") .010" difference from the Mil-spec or commercial, I can use either on because both will screw into the receiver. Just need the right stock for what ever tube I get. Is my thinking right on this? So that tube with the Magpul https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-collapsible-stock has a mil-spec tube that will fit my receiver. The Magpul page does not indicate if 6061 or 7075.

Feedback Score
    Just got the born on date from Sig. Took about 60 seconds phone call. July 25th 2015

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have to ask.. Why on earth would you put a UBR on a SBR?

Feedback Score
    GH41,
    I'm really new to the AR thing, so forgive me if that would be a major no-no. I just thought it looked really cool. Also, I want a real stock on the was pistol, now SBR. I also think adjustable would help my fit. I'm not a big guy so I could actually leave the Sig SB15 arm brace on and use it as a stock. I'm planning on adding some kind of optics later but 1st a stock. I'm really open to buttstock suggestions, so fire away.

Looks like the Gen II might work as well and is less $$$
    Last edited by masterdrago; 08-15-16 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The UBR is a good, comfortable stock that has all the durability (and weight) of an anvil. You might find it a bit heavy for your application. But then, you might find it just right. The UBR will come with everything you need to mount it to your rifle. If your P516 will accept an AR RE, the UBR will fit
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Thanks MistWolf. The Sig P516 seems really front heavy to me and also my son who has built several AR platform rigs. It may be the big gas block at the front. It will be 13 oz heavier after I add the suppressor!! What the heck, as for the UBR II -- "the UBR GEN2 is nearly five ounces lighter while retaining all the durability its predecessor was legendary for". I'm not taking it into combat. It's mostly just my first romp into the AR world - coyote killer out to 150 yards. Hopefully not my last. My son tried valiantly to get me to home brew my first one but I wanted something reliable and since I've owned Sigs previously, I chose, after much study, the P516.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As stated above the UBR is heavy due to all the mechanics of the system! From Magpul you get a buffer tube and a end plate and every should butt up just fine. Gonna need a little extra elbow grease to get the castle nut off as Sig stakes theirs! A mag block comes in handy when doing this. If your not looking to log this thing around the UBR would be fine. But if you are going to be logging this around I would look at the STR or the BATTLELINK Minimalist from MFT...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast