Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Stock for P516

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    GH41,
    I'm really new to the AR thing, so forgive me if that would be a major no-no. I just thought it looked really cool. Also, I want a real stock on the was pistol, now SBR. I also think adjustable would help my fit. I'm not a big guy so I could actually leave the Sig SB15 arm brace on and use it as a stock. I'm planning on adding some kind of optics later but 1st a stock. I'm really open to buttstock suggestions, so fire away.

Looks like the Gen II might work as well and is less $$$
    Not saying there is anything wrong with the UBR it just seems to contradict the purpose of a SBR. Your Sig is heavy to start with and if you are not careful you will end up with an 11 pound rifle before you plug in a magazine. The UBR weighs 3 times what a BCM or B5 stock weighs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would call Sig and ask about their buffer tube kits. IIRC, they make a proper tube replacement. Why they made a tube that is not mil-spec is beyond me. Some of the first P516's to come out had tubes that didn't use a castle nut, and I believe they went through another variation after that. Your best bet is to call them and see what their suggestion would be, as I'm unaware of a tube that is oversized.

Feedback Score
    I finally received my SBR stamp after a 238 day wait from the ATF.

All installation would have gone well had I not dropped tiny pins and springs on a dirty garage floor. The SBR job turned out okay.

[/URL]

I ended up using an 8oz Daniel Defense Collapsible Buttstock in Tornado color
    and a Patriot Ordnance AR15/M16 Anti-Tilt Mil Spec Buffer Tube

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/77...bine-synthetic

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod64568.aspx

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Looks good.. Much better choice than the UBR IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12