Thread: GSG-5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

GSG-5

i recently came across one of these at my local range (deep in the 'hood of philly)

does anyone out there own one of these. they look fun to plink with but i think the novelty would wear thin on me as i enjoy my AK's and look forward to my forst AR. i realise that .22 ammo is inexpensive and pleantiful but other than the afformentioned plinkin' duties and training for professionals who employ the MP5, is there a practical application for one of these? i know alot of people say you should own a .22 for hunting varmints (and end of the world issues). cant imagine the GSG as a "hunting" rifle. i live in the 'hood of philadelphia, i think the varmints here carry bigger weapons than that!

Feedback Score
    I like rimfire guns because they're fun, quiet, and cheap to shoot. My "practical" application is teaching women and children how to shoot, convert them to our cause, and further my own personal political agenda.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate to sound like a forum ass, but "search" is your friend...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=GSG-5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    you are not and ass and i am not that bright however, i read that thread a while ago. thats how i got interested. i still had questions regarding the practicality of the platform and non-plinking uses

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, short answer is no there are no "practical uses" for these guns. As you stated, it is a plinker and inexpensive training replacement for a 9mm MP-5. Outside of that, even though I love mine, there's really aren't any other uses of it. First of all it's relatively fragile, I shudder to think what could happen if it were dropped. Secondly it can and does sometimes jam, which isn't an issue at the range but it is an issue elsewhere. Thirdly it is expensive for what it is. It's a fun and accurate range toy, but that's about it. I mean, what other uses do you have in mind?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    well i got over my GSG fascination really quickly. just bought an Uzi instead. figured i have a bunch of 9mm sitting around plus i'm half jewish and half russian and i already have the AK part of my heritage covered....thought i got a pretty decent deal (haha, i know it was the half jewish part of me) on an IMI "b" carbine on gunjoker. i emailed the seller after i won. he stated that it was his 1st time on 'joker and he really meant to price it higher. he didnt want to "hose" me but he coulndt pissobly sell a rifle he paid 1200 for for 800.... i reminded him that an aution listing, like an auction bid, was a contract and that he had pleanty of time to both make, enter, review and cancel his auction listing. i stepped in on the aution w 3 minutes left on a 7 day old deal....why oh why do i contunue to look over there? i mentioned that i have the sickness but this is just pathetic. next i will be getting duped by that nigerian 419 scheme...

Feedback Score

GSG not for me

I have sent my GSG back to the factory for the second time and I want either a new rifle so I can sell it with all my accessories or my money back. The Fails To Fire factor is really awful. They said they fixed it but it came back even worse than when I sent it in. Last range trip... 32FTF is 88 shots. I keep it clean. I don't tamper with the mechanism. I use high quality jacketed ammo. I've tried every brand I can find. It's a flawed design. I put about 2,000 rounds through it before it went to hell. I dunno, I'm over it. I was really hopeful about this one. If they replace the entire rifle, look for it on Gun Broker. It'll have 4 clips and a good steel scope mount. I'll customize a 10/22 and still have 250-300 to play with. Anyone else had this problem?