Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Buy Trijicon MRO now or wait?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not seeing 2 dots, the entire sight picture is like looking at a target cross eyed

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Focus on the target and superimpose the dot on where you want the bullet to go. Don't focus on the dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    When I look at the target, the target doubles. When I look at the dot, I still see 2 targets. I guess it's just a POS and trij should stick to making acogs and never try to produce a red dot again

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    When I look at the target, the target doubles. When I look at the dot, I still see 2 targets. I guess it's just a POS and trij should stick to making acogs and never try to produce a red dot again
    If you are seeing double when looking through the optic with both eyes open, it is you and how your brain is processing something in that sight picture, not the optic. I personally see this occur with shotguners, myself included with no optic, so I am pretty much throw the optic variable out. It pretty much comes down to your point of focus for most shooters, some obviously can be a bit different. But, I am highly doubting this issue has anything to do with the MRO other than perhaps its size in your periffial vision.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Considering how many people use and prefer the MRO I doubt it's a "POS". Take a picture showing us the two target images. If you can't capture it in picture, it's your eyes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    If you are seeing double when looking through the optic with both eyes open, it is you and how your brain is processing something in that sight picture, not the optic. I personally see this occur with shotguners, myself included with no optic, so I am pretty much throw the optic variable out. It pretty much comes down to your point of focus for most shooters, some obviously can be a bit different. But, I am highly doubting this issue has anything to do with the MRO other than perhaps its size in your periffial vision.
    ^^ This. If you are seeing two targets then your eyes are lining up on something closer (or farther, but this is unlikely) than the target. As he pointed out, this happens when people two eye the front bead and that causes doubling at longer distance. You are seeing the target crosseyed, absolutely...but it's because your eyes are trying to triangulate something closer like the apparent location of the dot. Try looking at the target with the offside eye open, with primary eye closed, then open the primary eye to get the dot. If it crosses (doubles), start over. Longer range target will help. Another option is to lower the rifle/optic below your sight line, look at the target and then raise the rifle into proper view. Again, if it doubles...start over. It's just your brain needs some training.
    Last edited by robtx; 07-23-17 at 13:51.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtx View Post
    ^^ This. If you are seeing two targets then your eyes are lining up on something closer (or farther, but this is unlikely) than the target. As he pointed out, this happens when people two eye the front bead and that causes doubling at longer distance. You are seeing the target crosseyed, absolutely...but it's because your eyes are trying to triangulate something closer like the apparent location of the dot. Try looking at the target with the offside eye open, with primary eye closed, then open the primary eye to get the dot. If it crosses (doubles), start over. Longer range target will help. Another option is to lower the rifle/optic below your sight line, look at the target and then raise the rifle into proper view. Again, if it doubles...start over. It's just your brain needs some training.
    Alright thanks, I'll keep working on it. Just never have it happen with a T2 or Pro, or even scopes, no matter the distance. With irons I can get rid of the doubles by shifting focus to 50/50 target/post and get the same POI, but this thing just throws me for a loop.

Feedback Score
    Alright thanks, I'll keep working on it. Just never have it happen with a T2 or Pro, or even scopes, no matter the distance. With irons I can get rid of the doubles by shifting focus to 50/50 target/post and get the same POI, but this thing just throws me for a loop.
    Hey, I haven't seen your MRO...so it's always possible that something went wrong when they put it together...but I've seen the target doubling happen to people myself. It has also happened to me. I have a couple of pistols with high profile front sights and when I two eye them sometimes my off-eye will want to triangulate on the very prominent side of the front sight. I do the those drills I mentioned to "fix" and remind my brain what I'm doing, then all is well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Considering how many people use and prefer the MRO I doubt it's a "POS". Take a picture showing us the two target images. If you can't capture it in picture, it's your eyes.
    This. If there is actual doubling, there is a lens problem. Either the lens on the optic, or the one mounted in your skull. If a camera can't capture the phenomenon, it is the lens in your skull.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtx View Post
    In my experience this is correct. I have near perfect vision, both long and short, and occasionally (not sure why) when shooting pistols my left eye (non-dominant) will attempt to triangulate the front sight causing a near double appearance until i essentially shake it loose. Sorry, don't know a better way to describe it.
    I know this may sound ridiculous, but when i got my MRO i had serious doubts about the quality of the dot when compare with the reviews of it being one of the more perfectly circular dots on the market. I have aimpoints and an RMR and was shocked by how fuzzy the dot of the MRO was compared to these other red dots, but being familiar with the camera lens "proof tester" i tried it. The MRO is as described, a near perfect circle.
    Not sure why but for some reason the sight has a more significant flare to my eye than these other dots. No reason to return it as it doesn't affect groupings for my purposes, but i get where people could be thrown off by its appearance if this scenario applies to them.
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast