Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Trijicon MRO now or wait?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    1_Glare when looking toward (not directly at) light.
    2_Red lines when backlit.
    3_Blue Tint.
    4_Electronics visible through tube.
    5_Magnification.
    6_Fisheye Effect.
    Try again. How many RD sights have you looked through? Back up your accusations. Don't quote the internet bullshit the haters spew. Do you live in your mom's basement?

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I had 3 Aimpoint micros, after my first MRO, sold all the micro's, and bought MRO's to replace them.
    Everyone that I let use them love them, with not one complaint.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Try again. How many RD sights have you looked through? Back up your accusations. Don't quote the internet bullshit the haters spew. Do you live in your mom's basement?
    You got me wrong. I'm seriously on the fence. I want one but the things I've read and heard has made me hesitant. I haven't held one or looked through it. I'm looking for real world info from actual users. Three forum members have chimed in with their experiences. That's what I'm looking for - not to start a Aimpoint vs Trijicon pissing contest. When I saw this thread I thought I'd chime in and see what actual users have to say.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I had 3 Aimpoint micros, after my first MRO, sold all the micro's, and bought MRO's to replace them.
    Everyone that I let use them love them, with not one complaint.
    Great info. Thanks for your reply.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I spent 5 minutes with one a half year ago. I hated it. Maybe my eyes and the camera both lie though, but my opinion is identical to what thus video depicts. Maybe your eyes are more honest than a camera, though, and you see it for the glory it truly is...

https://youtu.be/NadM4zD8oJ8

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I posted a video that backs all of that up, with the cold lack of bias that is a camera. But I'm sure apologists for the mro will just have more personal attacks and denial to throw at the subject.

Feedback Score
    I am bored and sit ting around the hotel waiting for my train home compelled me to go to Sportsman's Warehouse. So I compared the MRO directly to the other RDS sights they had in stock that weren't garbage. To include an Aimpoint Pro, a couple of Vortex models and a SIG Romeo.

The MRO has very similar levels of blueish color distortion under fluorescent lighting. No big deal, it's a red dot sight and has to be good at reflecting red light a bluegreen tint is the price you pay.

MRO dot and Aimpoint PRO both gave me a clean dot, slight edge to the MRO. Both extremely usable. The others were inferior.

Image shift on the MRO was more noticeable than the others, no way around it when you have a larger objective lens coupled with a smaller ocular lens. This doesn't mean the others didn't also have image shift, all of them did. All of them are still totally useful in this regard. The phenomenon can be reduced by moving the optic closer to your eye.

Field of view, the MRO wins this one hands down. That larger objective lens and smaller ocular gives the sensation of being able to look around in the field of view. No tunnel vision. Particularly nice when the optic is closer to your eye eliminating the affects of image shift. This is where the MRO shines, move it back closer to the shooter and it seems to work better for me. Watching some reviews this seems to be a trend, Aimpoints get pushed out further away and the MRO seems to work better closer to your face.

Also I'll note that the MRO was much more comparable in view quality to the full size Aimpoint than the other micro RDS I looked at (SIG Romeo).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Round and round the MRO threads go. Those with insignificant amounts of time behind one, decry it's minor issues common with all red dots and trash it online. While those with real time behind one try to express their positive experiences with it get called out as apologists.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Round and round the MRO threads go. Those with insignificant amounts of time behind one, decry it's minor issues common with all red dots and trash it online. While those with real time behind one try to express their positive experiences with it get called out as apologists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am the painter making this mess a masterpiece.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Considering that I liked Aimpoints and eotechs, and now run only lpv optics...I don't feel especially biased.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast