Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yet another poly contender?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    If there is to be a "Glock killer" among the new striker pistols, the P320 stands the best chance of being that gun.

The Glock killer is probably not going to come from some up-start company that puts a German or American name on their gun and makes it in a former East Bloc country, ala Springfield XD or Schmeisser or whomever.
    Glocks are great guns, but their evolution has been slow and back and forth. Most aren't a fan of the finger groves and many find the Gen 2's to be great guns minus the rail. I love the texture on the Gen 4, but the grip customization was pretty lame. The Glock trigger was a big step in its day, but fully cocked strikers like the SIG 320 and HK P9, are a vast improvement in trigger pull. The grip angle is a little steep and most newer guns use an angle more natural and comfortable. Eventually Glocks reputation isn't going to be enough. Will be interesting to see how LE sales end up in the future. Just my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Glocks are great guns, but their evolution has been slow and back and forth. Most aren't a fan of the finger groves and many find the Gen 2's to be great guns minus the rail. I love the texture on the Gen 4, but the grip customization was pretty lame. The Glock trigger was a big step in its day, but fully cocked strikers like the SIG 320 and HK P9, are a vast improvement in trigger pull. The grip angle is a little steep and most newer guns use an angle more natural and comfortable. Eventually Glocks reputation isn't going to be enough. Will be interesting to see how LE sales end up in the future. Just my 2 cents.
    Honestly the finger tab whining is bullshit, and if you really don't like them they come off easily with some sandpaper or a file. The appeal and primary design feature of the Glock is the safe double action. Comparing a single action striker fired gun to a double action striker fired gun is not a fair comparison. That being said the 320 still has a heavier trigger pull and a very faint/lame reset. The HK VP9(I presume that was the one you are referring to) is also a single action striker fired gun which has a much nicer reset but still has a 5.5lbs trigger which is identical to the double action only Glock trigger. Not really anything to boast about when a single action gun has the same trigger pull as a double action. The grip angle on a Glock is near perfect for the physiological design of the human hand/wrist and is very similar to that of a revolver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT2DdFSuMi8&t=22s start at 6:20 if you don't want to watch it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7N7dAmjLY start at 4:45 and note the angle difference in the wrist.

MM

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Honestly the finger tab whining is bullshit, and if you really don't like them they come off easily with some sandpaper or a file. The appeal and primary design feature of the Glock is the safe double action. Comparing a single action striker fired gun to a double action striker fired gun is not a fair comparison. That being said the 320 still has a heavier trigger pull and a very faint/lame reset. The HK VP9(I presume that was the one you are referring to) is also a single action striker fired gun which has a much nicer reset but still has a 5.5lbs trigger which is identical to the double action only Glock trigger. Not really anything to boast about when a single action gun has the same trigger pull as a double action. The grip angle on a Glock is near perfect for the physiological design of the human hand/wrist and is very similar to that of a revolver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT2DdFSuMi8&t=22s start at 6:20 if you don't want to watch it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7N7dAmjLY start at 4:45 and note the angle difference in the wrist.

MM
    If one bases the grip angle on holding the pistol with one hand, with a outstretched, near straight arm, your argument is correct. The Glock grip angle is very similar to the German Luger. When holding a pistol with two hands in a more modern Weaver or Fighting stance, the grip angle changes. Ken Hackathorne mentions grip angle in this Grip force Vid; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsqWaoasNwo
    Last edited by Cagemonkey; 02-18-17 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I've watched his videos and while that testing is on the extreme end of what most of us will encounter in everyday life. It seems like a valid test for a military weapon and hell yeah, I'd like my weapon to do well in that test. That said, second strike capability goes against many years of training. (Tap Rack Bang)
    This is not a ding on any person in this thread who has mentioned that "testing," but is simply a comment about that "testing."

It's NOT "testing." It is goofball antics to generate YouTube activity and therefore revenue, which I'm sure it does well. REAL testing involves samples of groups, not one. It involves scientifically repeatable steps. Nothing in those videos falls into the categories of repeatable or cohort.

I don't care what people find entertaining. Those videos should be viewed as entertainment only. The only real info to be gleaned from the "torture tests" is that he doesn't mind destroying a sample of one.

That goes for every other neck-beard (actual or mental) on YouTube doing this kind of stuff. I'm glad that more people are getting exposure to guns, but it's hard to argue against the left that we are a bunch of mindless rednecks when there are so many folks like this on YouTube.

Heybo, watch me throw this gun against a log.

Heybo, watch me shoot this gun until the hand guards melt.

Heybo, watch me do some other silly jive with a fake accent.

Capitalism is the best, and many of these folks are making money which I applaud them for, but let's not pretend like all these folks are providing any type of real info or anything besides humor. YouTube needs more folks like Colion Noir and less wannabe beard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    REAL testing involves samples of groups, not one. It involves scientifically repeatable steps. Nothing in those videos falls into the categories of repeatable or cohort.
    While not completely scientific, the evaluation of one sample does provide valuable information. If we were only able to have testing that involves multiple samples of the same gun, then we wouldn't have testing because nobody can afford to by multiples of each type of firearm being compared and the manufacturers certainly are not going to donate them. Some testing is obviously more representative of reality than other testing, so just use your judgment when viewing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234