Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: .22LR bolt guns?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is my newest, a CZ 455 in an XLR Evolution Chassis.

I was able to convince Nick at XLR to inlet these for the CZ action by hosting a group buy on the Hide. Now XLR will offer these as a standard inlet for the same price as the basic Evolution chassis. These pics are from XLR ans were posted on their FB page. I haven't received the chassis back, but it's supposed to arrive this Friday.

Specs are: base CZ-455 action; Rifle Basix trigger; custom bolt knob using BO mini; modified firing pin; Lilja varmint taper 21" barrel; DIP AL bits (magwell, extended mag release, and magwell block), and Murphy Precision 20 MOA picatinny rail. For optics, using the Burris XTR II 5-25x50 with Mil SCR reticle:

First range results with light winds to 8 MPH

The chassis is the Evolution with the longer (14") handguard, tactical buttstock, and newer "buffer" stock tube that does not require a castle nut.
    Last edited by Warg; 10-28-16 at 11:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    So why is the bolt knob so important. Honestly that's the last thing I would think anyone would care about but it seems like everyone wants an upgraded knob.
    Old thread but explaining pictures to update it with:

Stock CZ455 knob vs aftermarket threaded knob with the stock handle threaded to accept it. A lot easier to manipulate the bolt:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unfortunately I cant do these anymore, CZ has changed teh way they cast their handles and now have a hollow area in the ball where I machine the threads. Cant machine metal that is not there and it isn't worth my time to TIG weld in new material to fill the hollow area. That's too bad as I had a fair amount of time invested into making this modification.

the new handle next to one of my conversions:

custom made tooling for holding handles:

Feedback Score
    That looks sweet!
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Unfortunately I cant do these anymore, CZ has changed teh way they cast their handles and now have a hollow area in the ball where I machine the threads. Cant machine metal that is not there and it isn't worth my time to TIG weld in new material to fill the hollow area. That's too bad as I had a fair amount of time invested into making this modification.

the new handle next to one of my conversions:

custom made tooling for holding handles:
    Nice setup! Too bad they changed the casting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    When did CZ change their bolts?
    Curious if there is a way to tell if mine is hollow (left hand Lux).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    When did CZ change their bolts?
    Curious if there is a way to tell if mine is hollow (left hand Lux).
    Middle of 2016, started rolling out new hollow handles vs the old solid ball. You either have a solid ball or there is a hole in it, pretty easy to tell. I'm not set up to do left bolts anyway........

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678