Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: .22LR bolt guns?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Crazy cheap , like $259. I was stunned at what this rifle came with for the dollar.

Amen... the "sticker shock" with rimfires is how inexpensive they are. My new RAR was $275.-, shipped.
    Last edited by Bimmer; 08-25-16 at 22:32. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks Bimmer and Tigershilone.

So about the stock. Is there anyone that offers a stock similar to Tacticool but with the built in LOP and cheek riser adjustments. I haven't seen one, but I see them for the higher caliber models.

Affordable.. not one of those high dollar setups.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    STock for what brand and model of rifle?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That 455.

I've been trying to find this 10/22 some guy builds and I know it's not a bolt bun pre se, but I understand you can lock the bolt if desired. I -think- it runs $550 from the guy ready to roll. I was wondering what you guys thought of it but I can't find the link.

It's not a KIDD build, it's just some individual that I believe makes barrels and then builds a modestly tricked out 10/22.

ETA: here it is... I still haven't found the vid of the guy actually shooting it on YT. http://www.1022rifle.com/rifle-ruger
    ETA: here it is. He actually gets to shooting around the 10:00 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4u9L6nCiU4

Again, I know this isn't a bolt but it's setup for suppressed and correct me if I'm wrong but can't the Ruger 10/22 be made to fire single shot ( if you want to be as quiet as possible ).
    I guess maybe you would not be allowed to compete with it against bolt guns? I don't know.

Would any of these bolt guns mentioned be any more accurate than that? You know the $450-$750 price range?

This was my other choice I had found. I forgot what I read that I gravitated away from it. It's possible I got to reading something that was way more expensive or, I got disillusioned at the accuracy of a sub- $750 gun.

To me that looks pretty damn accurate. Are the CZs more accurate than that?

I know this is veering a bit OT, but I'm really torn between the semi and bolt and probably don't understand all the reasons someone would want a bolt specifically... unless to train for high power bolt action... which I'm not really interested in.

I'm looking for accurate fun gun.
    Last edited by tb-av; 08-21-16 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The 10/22 can be made as accurate as the bolt guns. People compete with them side by side the bolt guns in the challenges.

For $750 I would get the CZ and find some optics, bipod, and ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    That 455.

ETA: here it is... I still haven't found the vid of the guy actually shooting it on YT. http://www.1022rifle.com/rifle-ruger
    ETA: here it is. He actually gets to shooting around the 10:00 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4u9L6nCiU4

Again, I know this isn't a bolt but it's setup for suppressed and correct me if I'm wrong but can't the Ruger 10/22 be made to fire single shot ( if you want to be as quiet as possible ).
    I guess maybe you would not be allowed to compete with it against bolt guns? I don't know.

This was my other choice I had found. I forgot what I read that I gravitated away from it. It's possible I got to reading something that was way more expensive or, I got disillusioned at the accuracy of a sub- $750 gun.

I'm looking for accurate fun gun.
    For cz455 stocks there is boyds, stocky's has some and manners and KRG. The latter 2 definitely push out of your $750 budget as they are $450-600 by themselves. The tacticool cz455 comes with a boyds "Tacticool" stock from the factory.

That link you posted doesnt look to have a threaded barrel on that rifle, so no suppressor or add the cost of threading a barrel. Cheaper to buy threaded to begin with. His barrels are fedderson and they have a good rep over at rimfire central as a upper mid tier barrel (my opinion from what I have read and researched, no hard experience). The stock is a hogue. ppl either love em or hate em. Finally the trigger looks to be stock, the one place you make the most gains with a 10/22 is the trigger pack, then barrel then stock. His pricing is fairly reasonable for an aftermarket barrel and stock, I'd research more before ordering. I really really like the magpul x22 stock as it has a lot of adjustments built in.

You can hold the 10/22 bolt closed with your thumb pretty easily with subsonic and sv ammo. Haven't tried it with hi vel or mini mags, but I don't shoot those anyway as accuracy suffers terribly when they go transonic at 80-100 yards. There are sellers on ebay with a bolt blocker peice of sheetmetal and this guy with a true dedicated bolt lock setup http://www.colossic.com/defenseproductboltlock.html that looks very interesting, but pricey at $85.

Fun plinker, go with the 10/22, for the OP's search for 22 bolt action I still stand by the CZ455 for a moderate budget. There are dedicated benchrest accuracy 10/22 based rifles out there, but the budget starts at $1000 for those.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought the Savage that comes with
    A5 ish stock which is awesome
    Tactical bolt Knob
    Threaded barrel for your can ( think positive )
    Fluted barrel for cool effect ( how hot can it get )
    Their acu trigger which is pretty nice for a .22
    And I think it came with a base for the scope.

Crazy cheap , like $259. I was stunned at what this rifle came with for the dollar.

PB

Really the best bang for the buck, threaded bull barrel, knob and a pretty good trigger. Weak points again are the stamped mags that dump ammo randomly and extractor issues. I've watched a few timed matches that were terribly frustrating for ppl shooting savages when the extractor doesnt do it's job or the mag puts four rounds in the chamber area instead of one. If you get those issues sorted out the savages do very well accuracy wise.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    It seems like match grade .22LR is around the same price as I pay to load my own match grade .223?
    Eley, Wolf, SK, and CCI is where it's at. Lapua if you're made of money. Sometimes remington subsonic shoots ok in some guns too. In .22lr guns are usually partial to a specific loading, you just have to find it. Also generally speaking the higher the velocity the crappier the accuracy.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Are there any decent .22LR bolt guns? Preferably something that fits in a Rem700 or Ruger 10/22 stock/chassis, but if those don't exist then I'm open for anything really.

I won't be using .22LR match ammo (I can't find any). Just looking for a training gun at 50-100 yds that's cheaper to shoot than center fire bolt guns.

Edit: I found the Remington 40x in .22lr. Apparently the CMP had them for a while but they're long long gone. New production ones are extremely expensive.
    I am a fan of the Savage. Cheap, accurate, threaded barrel, Picatinny scope rail.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I am a fan of the Savage. Cheap, accurate, threaded barrel, Picatinny scope rail.

C4
    That's the Savage Mk II FV-SR right? I'm looking into getting one of those now actually, thanks to this thread.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast