Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: .22LR bolt guns?

Feedback Score
    The Savage Mk ll is a fantastic.22. Super accurate. Mine is an older one that was made before the accutrigger. I put a rifle basix in it and it will shoot quarter size groups at 75 yards with golden bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll second the opinion about the Savage MKII. Mine shoots good groups at 200 yards with Wolf 40g MT. You can hit 8" steel with regularity. On a no wind day I fired a 1-3/8” W x 2-3/8” H group at 208 yards
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shot about 300 rds on Saturday. Tested a bunch of ammo, it seems to like CCI Target standard velocity ammo the best. It printed atrocious groups with Blazer, like 6 MOA or something at 50 yards.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Can't go wrong with CZ=hammer forged barrels, had my 452 FS since 2008 and shoot the snot out of it. Till this day I'm still amazed on how accurate it still is, recently mounted a rear peep sight for shooing irons accurately...and it does

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Ended up with this:

I got this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FMWMSG..._pmo5xbEB73XW8
    Cut one and stuck it on the end of my bolt. I can dry fire without any problems now.

Now I have 99 extra o-rings. If anyone needs one, I'll mail one for $1 (cost of a stamp, an envelope, and my time to go to the post office), additional o-rings for $0.10 each.
    I bought this gun too and I'm so impressed the features you get for the price. I added the A5 like stock for it but the stock it comes with isn't bad.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    Can't go wrong with CZ=hammer forged barrels, had my 452 FS since 2008 and shoot the snot out of it. Till this day I'm still amazed on how accurate it still is, recently mounted a rear peep sight for shooing irons accurately...and it does
    That wood stock looks fabulous , especially for a .22LR. Nicely done.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Savage has amazing potential for the price. Here is what I did with mine, complete with links to other threads;

Savage MKll-FV
    Clearidge Ultra RM Rimfire Scope with fine duplex/dot reticle in bedded mounts
    Modified Boyds' Rimfire Hunter Stock
    Apachee Trigger set to 30 ounces
    Mountain Shooter Sling

Last edited by Canonshooter; 10-01-16 at 04:06.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That wood stock looks fabulous , especially for a .22LR. Nicely done.
    Thanks...actually luck of the draw. When it arrived to my FFL he actually wanted to buy it from me

Feedback Score
    It's probably been said a few times in this thread but the CZ 455 is the best budget .22 in my opinion. All the Savage rimfire rifles I have shot(while very accurate) just feel like a toy compared to the CZ. My CZ has a chopped and threaded barrel and sits in a PDC custom chassis. I can put rounds in the same hole all day with cheap Eley ammo. Gun feels just like my centerfire rifle as far as ergonomics go.

Ben

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast