Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Revolution 9mm owners

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question for Revolution 9mm owners

Question for Revolution 9mm owners.

Have you had any issues with the endcap loosening? Mine will not stay tight during use, no matter how hard I tighten it down. Also, how much does your end-cap jiggle around in the threads before it is completely tightened down? I am having some end cap strike issues that I think are related to this.

Feedback Score
    The best place to pose this question would be with Griffin Armament customer support. They can give you instructions or repair. Either way those issues don't sound right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been in contact with them, but the latest response took ten days. Was hoping to get some opinions before I send it in to try and avoid shipping costs. I asked the above question of them and they omitted an answer from their response. Their suggestion was to buy a new end cap or send it in, and pay for repair if any damage was not a result of their manufacturing.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 08-20-16 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    Hmm. I would have expected more from them. But it still might be worth the risk to have them look at it. Who knows they may discover an out of spec end cap. Even if they charge you for the repair, with NFA items it's too damn complicated to replace them.

Feedback Score
    I had issues at first and just had to really clamp it down- I use a vice grip on the washer to get it tight.

After 20 rounds or so, I check to make sure it tight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I had issues at first and just had to really clamp it down- I use a vice grip on the washer to get it tight.

After 20 rounds or so, I check to make sure it tight.
    Maybe I'm just not elbow greasing it enough then. I'll try really cranking it down. Worst case I guess I'm in for another endcap at this point. How are you liking the Revo in just the short config? I saw you had it set up that way with your M&P9.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 08-21-16 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    I love it. It's a little quieter in front in the long configuration, but the short is quieter to the shooter in my experience, which is the main point for me. Add that to the shorter length and less weight and it's perfect imo (1st silencer though.)

I just got a fixed barrel spacer for my 22 and it's extremely quiet. I think the 22 end cap would not improve anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One last question for you, is there a lot of slop in your end cap when it's just barely loose? I think on mine the only thing holding it in is pressure on the baffle stack. I have a decent amount of side to side movement inside the threads... enough to cause a baffle strike.

Feedback Score
    No, it threads on tight the whole way. I nicked the end cap once early on because the whole suppressor loosened up off the barrel after 30rd or so. End cap fit is very good imo.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    My end cap seems to say tight with just cranking the washer down by hand. The whole can sometimes works loose after a couple mags, but I routinely check after each mag and a quick twist prevents problems. I think once the barrel hears up it stays tight.

One hard lesson learned. Don't slop on the threadlock if you plan on going from long to K config. No matter how much heat I apply I can't get enough grip to work loose the small tube section from the base. Doesn't bother me that much to leave it long for home defense.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast