Thread: Pistol mag carry bag with shoulder strap?

Feedback Score

Pistol mag carry bag with shoulder strap?

As part of a "get home" package.

If it could hold a pistol for quick deployment that could be an option but not required.

If it was discrete appearing that would be a bonus but not required. However the mags would need to be covered/concealed so it's not utterly obvious whats in the bag.

I was mainly interested in something that could carry ten or so pistol magazines for the pistol you already have holstered. Not something you would attach to your pants belt or a two/three gun match device. Something you could keep in your vehicle cab/trunk to store a bunch of pistol mags and use them without dumping mags everywhere if you run and reload at the same time.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    5.11 4 banger bag perhaps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    5.11 4 banger bag perhaps.
    Not bad, but holds rifle mags. Was looking for something that holds pistol mags, several, in individual pouches.

I found a couple, but they were for 30+ round pistol/SMG magazines.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Inside. Elastic bands. Google it and look at images. People have glock mags in the interior elastic bands.

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm. OP did not specify an overall size so my first suggestion is the velcrolined LBX case... Great sale.
    http://lbxtactical.lbtinc.com/0019blk

After this, I would suggest looking at Sneaky Bag/SERT or Hawkepacks as a tier of quality handbag sized options.

Tactical wise, I have been carrying a short 9mm AR as truck gun. That has three 33rd happy sticks and a few 22rd ITS mags to feed both the AR and a handgun. 10 pistol mags is a serious amount of ammo and a fair amount of weight banging around. It will take a solid bag. Look for something with or easily retrofitted to include a waist belt as you will have 10-15 pounds sliding around when you are in a hustle.

My experience is a flimsy bag is disaster to draw mags out of. IIRC I have seen that with the US peacekeeper M4 bag, which lacked the structure to stay steady when drawing, especially when prone or other ackward positions.

I would not recommend 5.11 to any one either than Vladimir Putin or the Kim family of North Korea, as it combines crappy shoot-me-first styling with sweat shop quality. Of course you pay an elevated MSRP for the pleasure. Look to more reputable makers at similar price points.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As much as I hate recommending lesser quality brand products, the double pistol range bag from NcStar, may be for you.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Hmmmm. OP did not specify an overall size so my first suggestion is the velcrolined LBX case... Great sale.
    http://lbxtactical.lbtinc.com/0019blk

After this, I would suggest looking at Sneaky Bag/SERT or Hawkepacks as a tier of quality handbag sized options.

Tactical wise, I have been carrying a short 9mm AR as truck gun. That has three 33rd happy sticks and a few 22rd ITS mags to feed both the AR and a handgun. 10 pistol mags is a serious amount of ammo and a fair amount of weight banging around. It will take a solid bag. Look for something with or easily retrofitted to include a waist belt as you will have 10-15 pounds sliding around when you are in a hustle.

My experience is a flimsy bag is disaster to draw mags out of. IIRC I have seen that with the US peacekeeper M4 bag, which lacked the structure to stay steady when drawing, especially when prone or other ackward positions.

I would not recommend 5.11 to any one either than Vladimir Putin or the Kim family of North Korea, as it combines crappy shoot-me-first styling with sweat shop quality. Of course you pay an elevated MSRP for the pleasure. Look to more reputable makers at similar price points.
    That messanger bag is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I ended up using a surplus uzi mag carrier that has a shoulder strap. Works great. Thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Too late to the party - but these are on sale, I just bought several for my range bag:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...e-stack-pistol