Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Back Pain!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have found, over decades of medical practice, that trying to "sell" allopathic care to someone who really, really believes in homeopathy is a fruitless venture...those patients are absolutely just going to believe what they believe. Arguing with you on an internet gun forum, someone I've never seen or examined, about the appropriateness of your medical care is utterly pointless. I'll tell you what I tell those patients when they ask me about chiropractic or any other homeopathic nostrum ...I'm absolutely in favor of you doing whatever you believe works best for you.

Last edited by Hmac; 09-29-16 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I have found, over decades of medical practice, that trying to "sell" allopathic care to someone who really, really believes in homeopathy is a fruitless venture...those patients are absolutely just going to believe what they believe. Arguing with you on an internet gun forum, someone I've never seen or examined, about the appropriateness of your medical care is utterly pointless. I'll tell you what I tell those patients when they as me about chiropractic or any other homeopathic nostrum ...I'm absolutely in favor of you doing whatever you believe works best for you.
    I suppose in counterpoint I can say the same to you. When one medical professional says "Hey, this works", to another, and they have no desire to believe it, it is pointless as well. I can only share what I experienced. I believe in all sensible or demonstrable paths to wellness. I work in allopathic care, yes, but I am not of the mind that no other forms of medical intervention are legitimate. I just try to use the best tool for the job. I have also tried to get others to use chiropractic care. One LPN spend thousands of dollars on allopathic care and got less relief (She was told: "We have no clue why your fingers are going numb. We can't find anything wrong with you, and your nerve conduction tests are fine", after a lot of imagine, bloodwork, and conductivity tests) than the chiropractor gave her...which I had to pay for, for her, because she was so dubious about it being worth anything. Not exactly what I'd call an audience hell bent on "homeopathy", that one. Same for a roommate of mine with hip issues. I guess what I'm saying is that I am neutral, but have taken complete "That stuff is CRAP" mindsets, paid for their visit, and watched them marvel at not hurting anymore. I have seen plenty of patients who "believe what they want" and get a massive placebo effect from it, but I have yet to see a placebo work on a patient who approaches it with a "that's crap" for a mindset. I am not trying to sell you a load of BS about chiropractic care fixing something like spinal stenosis. What I am saying, is that when you sleep funny, or when you are wrenching on something or someone, and you feel something shift and it hurts afterwards...it's quite possible, likely even, that you've knocked the chassis out of alignment...
    Last edited by WS6; 09-29-16 at 06:52.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I suppose in counterpoint I can say the same to you. When one medical professional says "Hey, this works", to another, and they have no desire to believe it, it is pointless as well. I can only share what I experienced. I believe in all sensible or demonstrable paths to wellness. I work in allopathic care, yes, but I am not of the mind that no other forms of medical intervention are legitimate. I just try to use the best tool for the job. I have also tried to get others to use chiropractic care. One LPN spend thousands of dollars on allopathic care and got less relief than the chiropractor gave her...which I had to pay for, for her, because she was so dubious about it being worth anything. Not exactly what I'd call an audience hell bent on "homeopathy", that one. Same for a roommate of mine with hip issues. I guess what I'm saying is that I am neutral, but have taken complete "That stuff is CRAP" mindsets, paid for their visit, and watched them marvel at not hurting anymore. I have seen plenty of patients who "believe what they want" and get a massive placebo effect from it, but I have yet to see a placebo work on a patient who approaches it with a "that's crap" for a mindset.
    Most physicians are encumbered by an obligation to practice based on science and evidence, and yes, we tend to be resistant to unscientific, untested, unproven therapies, even from the most ardent of our homeopathically-inclined patients. We try not to let anecdote drive the principles of the care that we deliver.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Most physicians are encumbered by an obligation to practice based on science and evidence, and yes, we tend to be resistant to unscientific, untested, unproven therapies, even from the most ardent of our homeopathically-inclined patients. We try not to let anecdote drive the principles of the care that we deliver.
    Well, before you get too far down that path, it wasn't a chiropractor that began diagnosing people with fibromyalgia...

Chemotherapy success rates are another topic that should be scrutinized, especially given the side effects and cost.

Then we have MD's proscribing meds one year that are then implicated in a ton of damage the next year...not to mention all the narcotics given out for the sake of patient satisfaction scores for reimbursement. It has already been scientifically proven that increased mortality rates are linked to higher HCAHPS scores...

No, I just think it's that allopathy is at war with some of the homeopathic remedies because of dollars and cents. My issue for example. Resolved for $35, took how many thousands (presuming imaging, pain medication, physical exam) out of allopathy's pocket?

We aren't talking about chicken blood here, we are talking about pain resulting from misalignment, being corrected by re-alignment. I feel that it's rather cause-effect simple.

All this being said...how's OP? I hope OP is better! Update?
    Last edited by WS6; 09-29-16 at 07:27.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567