Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Retro(s) Soon ... ???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander35 View Post
    I wonder why they went through all that trouble to make a good reproduction just to use a tapered delta ring? A1 receivers, both uppers and lowers but somehow they didn't go with a flat delta ring. What gives? If I were in the market for one of those, i'd gladly pay the extra fifteen bucks if it really was right.
    The XM177E2 used a delta ring (tapered), not the flat ring.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    I read that somewhere before too. Glad somebody cleared that up. I plan on using a tapered ring anyway.

FYI ... the USAF model of the XM177, the GAU-5/5A, could use any number of combinations of parts. You can basically build one of these out of almost any parts and still be right.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Learn something new every day. Thank you, I stand corrected. It's really too bad about the Troy, I've read lots of mixed reviews. Colt is famous for it's neutered bolt carriers. Any idea on if these are cut or standard full auto profile?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander35 View Post
    Learn something new every day. Thank you, I stand corrected. It's really too bad about the Troy, I've read lots of mixed reviews. Colt is famous for it's neutered bolt carriers. Any idea on if these are cut or standard full auto profile?
    Colt selling F/A pattern bolt carriers! They don't sell anything with F/A anywhere on a stock rifle. My bet is on them selling them with SP1 bolts at best... that and they're probably going to have the excess metal behind the trigger just like the 6920s
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    @ Flatlander: You are most welcome!
    Colt no longer manufactures anything but M16 (full auto profile) bolt carriers. The bolt carrier group that comes in the Colt 6920, for example, is analogous to the bolt carriers that are shipped inside the Colt M4 carbine. Literally identical. Given this, i would be shocked if the Colt retro rifles come shipped with anything other than the proper M16 bolt carrier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    I read that somewhere before too. Glad somebody cleared that up. I plan on using a tapered ring anyway.

FYI ... the USAF model of the XM177, the GAU-5/5A, could use any number of combinations of parts. You can basically build one of these out of almost any parts and still be right.
    The XM177, XM177E1, Model 653, and a few others came with flat slip rings. Many of the GAU models had a mixture of flat rings and Delta rings.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Yes I know that is exactly my point. The USAF recycles everything they can and it's all mix and match. As far as they are concerned, if it functions and will continue to do so to a reasonable military extent then it is to be continued in use until such time it's no longer serviceable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    Colt selling F/A pattern bolt carriers! They don't sell anything with F/A anywhere on a stock rifle. My bet is on them selling them with SP1 bolts at best... that and they're probably going to have the excess metal behind the trigger just like the 6920s
    Bad info. Haven't received or seen a neutered bolt carrier from Colt in years.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Do yourself a favor and think before you post. You have posted bad gouge before. Colt has been selling their 6920's and other models with M16 profile carriers for at least 10 years if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I've got a 6920 I bought back in 2012 right before all the unpleasantness and it has a full-auto bolt carrier.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast