Thread: Screwed up my P-07

Feedback Score

Screwed up my P-07

I have a CZ P-07 from CGW with all their upgrades. It has been a flawless pistol through approximately 3,000. It is my CCW pistol and it has become my favorite pistol to shoot. That is why it is so important that I get it fixed correctly and hopefully, quickly.

I was cleaning my pistol Saturday when I accidentally, had a brain fart, whatever, dry fired it with the slide off. Before this happened my P-07 simply had the best SA/DA trigger that I think possible. So now, I'll attempt to describe what has happened without being too confusing. Since cleaning, and dry firing without the slide, my trigger has gone from smooth with no take up to an enormous amount of take up in double action. I would estimate it to be a quarter inch or more before resistance is met before a clean break. There is also a great amount of take up before a clean break in single action, but of course, there isn't as much. If I dry fire the pistol instead of using the decocker, there is still a large amount of slop, just not as much as if I had utilized the decocker. The pistol will still fire in both double action and single action.

So, these are my questions: What would be broken, bent, put out of spec by my dry firing against instructions? Will I need to send my pistol back to CGW or is this something that someone with little experience in pistol repair can do? Once diagnosed, is there a video on the net or some example that is out there?

I know that quick and correct is usually mutually exclusive. Since this is my CCW, obviously I'd like to get it back in spec as soon as possible. Also, since this is my CCW, it is more important that the repair be done correctly. If it needs to be shipped off to CGW for correct repair then that's what I will do.

Thank you for any help you all can offer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Maybe post on this on the CZ forum. David

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=65.0

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I would call up CGW and pick their brains, see what they think. It may be something you can fix yourself and if it isn't, or it isn't something they want you to fix yourself, they'll be the first ones to tell you to send it back to them. And if you get them involved from the get-go, I suspect they'll be more inclined to help/less eye-rolly if you need to send it back.

You've got a backup for this pistol, right?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I would call up CGW and pick their brains, see what they think. It may be something you can fix yourself and if it isn't, or it isn't something they want you to fix yourself, they'll be the first ones to tell you to send it back to them. And if you get them involved from the get-go, I suspect they'll be more inclined to help/less eye-rolly if you need to send it back.

You've got a backup for this pistol, right?
    I had planned on calling CGW tomorrow if I didn't find out that it would be an "easy fix." Truthfully, it'd be better to send it back to them for repair since it's my EDC anyway, especially considering my mechanical skill, ha ha.

I do have others I can carry, but damn I love that pistol, and my proficiency compares to the others reflects that.

It's good advice and I'll take it.

Feedback Score
    You bent the sear pin. $1.75 part but a PITA to replace.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    You bent the sear pin. $1.75 part but a PITA to replace.
    PITA is all you had to say and my decision was made. I called CGW this morning and, as always, the guy I talked to was very polite and professional. He just told me to shoot them an email and they would send me shipping instructions so they could take care of it. I've got to say, I've been very pleased with all of my interactions with those guys.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    PITA is all you had to say and my decision was made. I called CGW this morning and, as always, the guy I talked to was very polite and professional. He just told me to shoot them an email and they would send me shipping instructions so they could take care of it. I've got to say, I've been very pleased with all of my interactions with those guys.
    The sear pin is really not all that tough to change. There is a youtube vid of the entire breakdown and reassembly of the internals. I used this video and it explains things well and is very clear. The hardest part is getting the de-cocker spring back under the tab on the de-cocker shaft. That is towards the very end of the video. I made a tool to do this by notching a "V" in a mini flat blade screwdriver with a triangle jewelers file. The "V" is great for catching the "pigtail", as the video calls it, and helping it under the tab on the de-cocker shaft.
    Last edited by Damn_yankee; 08-24-16 at 13:21.