Thread: A negligent discharge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A negligent discharge

You can see that his finger was not on the trigger at the time the shotgun fired. Note: round falling out of his reloading hand at just the right angle to enter the trigger guard and strike the trigger.

This video stresses the importance of always pointing your firearm in a safe direction.

https://www.facebook.com/george.dorb...7253240593433/

EDIT: pulled of a local MD forum
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-24-16 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Muzzle discipline is the most important part of handling a firearm in my opinion and this incident supports that opinion.

If I knew the gentleman who had the UD, I would ask what modifications were made to the trigger group and the trigger pull weight.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Muzzle discipline is the most important part of handling a firearm in my opinion and this incident supports that opinion.

If I knew the gentleman who had the UD, I would ask what modifications were made to the trigger group and the trigger pull weight.
    The "trigger pull weight" question was asked a few days ago, if he replies, will post.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If a shell dropping from 1" away sets off a trigger, you've probably got a really light trigger.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    If a shell dropping from 1" away sets off a trigger, you've probably got a really light trigger.
    I disagree. All the shell had to do was hit just right or I guess wrong. Shit happens.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post

If all else fails, it will still go into something vs someone that should not result in injury or death. An ND I was close to with some very experienced shooters didn't end up in anyone being harmed due to that rule being followed when the others didn't happen. Miscommunication and a somewhat casual lackadaisical attitude resulted in the ND, but it went into a file cabinet vs anyone in the room. Fun times.

I didn't shoot with them ever again.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    The "trigger pull weight" question was asked a few days ago, if he replies, will post.
    It looks like in the Facebook comments the guy in the video says: "Stock trigger. My hand and fingers are behind the trigger guard."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEVEN View Post
    It looks like in the Facebook comments the guy in the video says: "Stock trigger. My hand and fingers are behind the trigger guard."
    Good catch, I missed that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update: Browning A5 Stalker with stock trigger, video on slow motion .125x speed.

Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-29-16 at 14:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, if he is certain the trigger did not bump any of the gear hanging from his belt when the trigger group dropped off view in the video he should send the shotgun to Browning. I would think they would be interested in closely inspecting the shotgun.
    Train 2 Win