Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 tactical question

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Beretta 1301 tactical question

Yes I've searched - here and elsewhere. Nada. Many here are dialed in on recent updates, hence this post.
    Has anyone come across either a mod or parts swap that will eliminate the dreaded double-feed jam the 1301 is becoming infamous for?
    As retirement approaches, I so want to get a shotgun to start trying 3gun - and I'd love to get the 1301. However, as it would also do double duty as a HD weapon - the double feed issue is the deal breaker.
    TIA

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    3 gun is a game and games can be played with tools that may not work 100% of the time with little consequence other than a low score. For HD get a good pump and learn how to use it.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    3 gun is a game and games can be played with tools that may not work 100% of the time with little consequence other than a low score. For HD get a good pump and learn how to use it.
    Pump is a deal breaker for medical reasons. Still leaning towards the beretta if it can be made fully functional.

john

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Pump is a deal breaker for medical reasons. Still leaning towards the beretta if it can be made fully functional.

john
    Just curious... What medical reason?

Feedback Score
    There is a long thread on another gun related "pistol" forum about these issues. Two poster there have solutions to your questions. Love my 1301 Tactical. 1st shotgun and it eats up anything you throw at it, full bore loads, practice birdshot, low recoil LE loads. A lot of fun for the $$.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    There is a long thread on another gun related "pistol" forum about these issues. Two poster there have solutions to your questions. Love my 1301 Tactical. 1st shotgun and it eats up anything you throw at it, full bore loads, practice birdshot, low recoil LE loads. A lot of fun for the $$.
    Out of curiosity - any problems with bumping the release button and getting the double feed?

john

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Just curious... What medical reason?
    Am halfway through my 7th decade, and a lifetime of body abuse (couple of decades of Isshin Ryu karate) has really exacerbated my arthritis. I can work a pump and have done so recently. Could I do it enough to train properly? Probably not. Was pretty good with an Ithaca 37 back in the 70s. Hell, if I am honest with myself, don't know that a semi would extend my training time much - but won't know til I try:). At least it would ease the stress on my left wrist and elbow.

john

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity - any problems with bumping the release button and getting the double feed?

john
    One of the site members built a shroud to cover the back 3/4 of the bolt release. Makes it nearly impossible to accidentally bumping and releasing shells on the lifter. Can still use the unloading function by lifting up on the front of the release lever. Best of both worlds.

Somebody has a prototype shroud and replacement lever made from CNC aluminum.

Not sure if it is kosher to post links to other forums but a quick Google search for beretta 1301 pistol forum should get you there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Am halfway through my 7th decade, and a lifetime of body abuse (couple of decades of Isshin Ryu karate) has really exacerbated my arthritis. I can work a pump and have done so recently. Could I do it enough to train properly? Probably not. Was pretty good with an Ithaca 37 back in the 70s. Hell, if I am honest with myself, don't know that a semi would extend my training time much - but won't know til I try. At least it would ease the stress on my left wrist and elbow.

john
    I understand. I am a decade newer than you and have no mobility problems but the price I pay for being active keeps getting higher. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Haven't heard of this prob. The one's I've seen at 3guns seem to work well. BTAIM, have you considered a non-gas gun like a Benelli. Simple, works well, parts up the gazoo. Pretty much the go to SG in 3gun.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast