Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
If agreed about F2S's comment on the rifle. I run an Aimpoint T1 on the gun I use in competition because it's the only rifle in my stable with an optic right now and I've run that setup (CHF middy with a FSB, ACT trigger, and T1) for 6 years at this point and that gun has never been a shortfall for me. Most of the matches I shoot go out to 200-300 (usually mini-poppers at 200, 10" plates or larger at 300). Funniest one I was at was a guy on my squad that couldn't hit a 10" plate at 300 with a bipod and Nightforce 2.5-10 while I cleaned that stage because I know my rifle like the back of my hand.

What has been a shortfall has been my shotgun reloading and general fitness/athletic ability. Stages I get killed on almost involve speed of movement and shotgun reloads. If I were going to get back into 3-gun heavily, fitness and shotgun reloads would get most of my attention followed by pistol shooting then rifle shooting and finally new gear.
Shotgun reloads are a pain for just about everyone, my 930 JM is stock and hasn't had any loading port or lifter work done yet and it's impossible to keep up with the guys who have there ports opened and their lifters welded.