Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been asked to provide proof?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motoduck View Post
    Never for SBRs or Suppressors but many times when shooting MG. This happens most frequently on private property when surrounding landowners call 911 about "automatic fire". Also had the same thing at private ranges. LEOs rarely know what they are looking at but after checking backstop and paper work they leave with no hassel. Even had a few officers fire a few rounds for giggles. I never shoot NFA without copies of paperwork.
    Same here. We shoot at an old National Guard range that many of the local residents are not aware that it is a range, and every time we bring out the full autos we have a local LE show up asking what the ruckus is.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-25-16 at 17:18.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    SBRs or silencers have not been issue for me. However, my cousin - a SWAT cop, and I were shooting at a range in Southern California one time and the range officer came over after he heard my cousin shooting his M4 in full-auto. He says, "OK guys. I gotta ask, who was shooting the full-auto?" Note that we had a semi-private bay so the range officers can't see who's doing what in each bay. We told him that it was my cousin (who identified himself as LE at check-in and also stated that he was going to be shooting full-auto). Now I'm not sure what they would've done otherwise. Perhaps, they have range policies and they're just trying to cover their asses. Who knows.

He probably was hoping you would
    offer to let him shoot it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Tell em it's the sound of "freedom"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I live within walking distance from Wicens and they do seem like good people but I stopped going there years ago. I understand it's all the developments around that have them worried but I just can't sit at those benches.
    G
    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Haha you can't sit in those concrete pill boxes and shoot? They were very happy to have me use a suppressor. I just go there to zero an optic when needed.

Scott

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea your practically prone

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    It goes both ways with shooting full auto. Years ago shooting long range precision on small private range. Local sheriff shows up with a trunk full ( no kidding 30-40 guns stacked in trunk) M16 government loaners some mid 60 vintage and a back seat of ammo. His criteria for keeping them for his department was load 20 rounds in mag shoot full auto if it ran keep it if not went into return pile. He asked me if I wanted to help since I was the only person on the range. Hell yea, someone elses MGs and ammo! I always return the favor when to LEO when I have a chance.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My tax paperwork is my personal business. I am not required to carry such paperwork, but i do keep copies on a secure usb flash drive in the case with my sbr and can.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have digital copies saved as well as a printed copy I keep in my gun bag. The conservation range I shoot at is all staffed, but no one has ever asked to see it.

I wonder how many of those doing the asking just wanted to see what one looks like, or would even know how to spot a forgery. Its like when a dip-shit cashier asks you for your ID when using a credit card but never once looks at the picture or your face.

Feedback Score

Have you ever been asked to provide proof?

A range here where I live asked if I had my form for my SBR. I said yes do you need to see it and they said no you're good. I would show them as a courtesy but I don't feel like I have to and I definitely won't give them a copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jlong1989; 08-25-16 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Amazing that we wait months on end for our tax stamps and never get "carded". It's like turning 21, buying beer at your local convenient store and not getting asked to show some ID! I waited over EIGHT MONTHS for my first one and no one has ever asked! Always better to be legal than run the risk of getting asked and wind up with a huge fine and possible jail time.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast