Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appendix carry 1911..opinion

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
    I am not most people and I sure as hell don't speak for most people. I am a business person and carry wearing chinos or slacks and a dress shirt tucked in every day. On the weekends I wear more comfortable clothing (shirt untucked, etc), so I have more options. Carrying is the easiest for me in winter when I can carry OWB with a jacket (I can carry almost any full-sized pistol very comfortably). As far as the topic in question, I don't like appendix carry one bit. If you belly up to a counter, computer desk, or ever carry boxes of anything it sucks! When you sit down to drive it will be right on your johnson.
    As someone who has carried AIWB daily for the past 4 years i'd pretty much disagree with everything you said. Just show's that the holster and body type play a huge role.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This thread sucks due to people who do not appendix carry voicing an opinion that is not what the OP asked for.

Feedback Score
    I carry AIWB mostly. Steel hicap 1911's.
    I find that the weight carries better this way than OWB or 3:00 IWB.
    For me, access, concealment and protection is way better than other options.
    I usually velcro some foam to the holsters to push the muzzle out a bit and a piece at trigger level to push the grip in tighter.
    Works well for me.

Good Luck.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    This thread sucks due to people who do not appendix carry voicing an opinion that is not what the OP asked for.
    100% agree. I know ppl that are overweight that can't carry appendix due to their bellies. I've recently gained a little ice cream belly and find it less advantageous since. I think it's easier for thinner guys. It conceals better and is more accessible than any other position imo.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've carried an STI Ranger 2 appendix without issue, also a BHP which I didn't like. Currently a SIG P225. I am tall, lean and this is best method for me.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
    I am not most people and I sure as hell don't speak for most people. I am a business person and carry wearing chinos or slacks and a dress shirt tucked in every day. On the weekends I wear more comfortable clothing (shirt untucked, etc), so I have more options. Carrying is the easiest for me in winter when I can carry OWB with a jacket (I can carry almost any full-sized pistol very comfortably). As far as the topic in question, I don't like appendix carry one bit. If you belly up to a counter, computer desk, or ever carry boxes of anything it sucks! When you sit down to drive it will be right on your johnson.
    It doesn't work for you which is cool and as you stated you don't like it because of your clothing choices. Your last two sentences are pure nonsense though.

On the OP, I've carried a 1911 AIWB for years comfortably. My current setup is a Wilson CQB with an X300 mounted carried in a Forest City Tactical holster.

Feedback Score
    I sometimes carry my Kimber Custom Tactical AIWB,its alittle heavy and of course less rounds than my Glock 21SF.But ergonomically the 1911 does carry well.

Feedback Score
    Carrying a four inch so should be fine. Never had a problem sitting down or covering other guns I've carried that way or hitting my junk as some people have posted. Actually feel a little safer with the a manual safety engaged then when I carry my glock appends.
    "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM"

Feedback Score
    Only issue I have AIWB with my 4" 1911 is the beavertail gets uncomfortable if sitting for hours. Could be the holster, my terrible posture, or the level I wear my pants at.
    Hides great, having the all steel gun closer to center seems to ride better.

Feedback Score
    If you can appendix carry a Glock 22, you don't need my advice.

That's impressive. I cringe at the thought of appendix carrying my Commander.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast