Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Appendix carry 1911..opinion

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    5 Shot Leather (John Ralston) - SME.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    There are several holster makers that will make aiwb holsters for 1911's: dara, vedder, bladetech, t-rex, to name a few, all quite comfortable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Definitely not a fan of appendix carry but that's my opinion. Other holster makers that are excellent but are more on the expensive side DelFatti, Milt Sparks, Warbird leather,
    Last edited by THEOZZ; 04-30-17 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by straitR View Post
    A waitlist for anything highly desirable is quite common, and more so when said items are handmade. Doesn't matter if were talking holsters, knives, cars, or boots.

I found mine used, but like new, after expressing interest on another board. After using it for 8 months, I'd say it would be well worth the wait for those inclined to do so. Never hurts to contact John and hop on his list, as I've also heard the wait can be considerably shorter. I've carried AIWB for just over four years, most of that with Glocks in a Keeper or JMCK. Those are both outstanding AIWB holsters, and were quite comfortable, but I'll never go back to kydex after using the SME.

I dig the belt. Name/brand?

Feedback Score
    WTDeBerry,Great looking holster and belt.Can you tell us what brand they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alcante262 View Post
    WTDeBerry,Great looking holster and belt.Can you tell us what brand they are.
    I'm wondering, myself. I was quoting/asking straitR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WTDeBerry View Post
    I'm wondering, myself. I was quoting/asking straitR.
    Sorry, I don't get by M4C as often as I once did.

Holster is 5 Shot SME by John Ralston. I don't do Facebook, but I've heard he keeps up with FB a lot more than his website. Look him up there or keep an eye out on forum classifieds. I bought mine second hand on another board.

Belt is a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer. I've used WT belts for longer than I can remember, and the FF models are my hands down favorite.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234