Thread: My Grendel

Feedback Score

My Grendel

Been building on this rifle for almost a year off and on. Have had a satern barrel ordered for about six months and they keep leading me on. Still have it on order and if in ever comes I will build another upper with it. Anyway I am interested to see how it shoots. Light profile barrel weighs 1#14oz. I have several hbars and they are great off the bench but don't want to carry them far. Building this Grendel mainly for nighttime hog hunting. Wanted it light. Gun without optics weighs in at 7#6oz. I could lighten it up more with a different stock and a lighter handguard but I think 7 1/2# is a good weight for a rifle. with a 1 pound scope it will be just right.

anyway what do you think?

CMT tactical Lower with Geissele SSA-E trigger, JP silent capture H2 buffer and an A2 stock with bag rider
    MUR upper with BMC bolt carrier and JP enhanced Grendel bolt
    JP 18” lightweight contour Grendel barrel with JP adjustable gas block
    YHM Todd Jarrett rifle length competition handguard.

[IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    interested to hear how she shoots. I have been interested in building a grendel for sometime and just haven't pulled the trigger because I don't know enough about all the manufacturers and quality parts available. Seeing more and more builds like this is just reigniting my interest

Feedback Score
    Any particular reason you chose the YHM TJ hand-guard?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichinVA View Post
    Any particular reason you chose the YHM TJ hand-guard?
    Several

It feels good in my hand. The right diameter and nice and smooth. I don't like quad rails or any of the handguards that are rough on the hands.

I shoot off bags a lot. This handguard feels substantial. Rigid attachment at the barrel nut. The smooth handguard slides nicely on the front bag.

It has the short accessory rails at the front of the handguard. Works great for my atlas bipod. I have a surefire x300 ultra that gets a lot of use on those dark night hog hunts. Light weighs next to nothing.

only drawback is it is a little heavy compared to some of the lightweigh carbon fiber tube handguards. But my favorite handguard is heavy too. A PRS delta. Of course it is on a hbar AR so the gun is heavy anyway. Really just a bench gun. That flat bottom on the Delta rides the bags like a bolt action benchrest stock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a sweet looking rifle. Congrats!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson