Thread: Fenix

Feedback Score

Fenix

Did a search. Not a whole lot of discussion on their products. I've handled a couple, (don't remember the model numbers) and they were headache inducing bright with a very long throw. Can anyone comment on the reliability of their products?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a TK10 that I use on duty. I have a Surefire 8nX and an Inova T3. I also have a Gladius. I like the Fenix more than the others because of battery life and lumens, but it is still in the testing phase. Time will tell about durability. When considering price, Fenix lights are a good value. I also received good service from the Fenix Store.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Ditto on joe138's comments. Mine have worked fine even with tossing around on purpose, but I wouldn't bet on Fenix doing anything near what Surefire does for hard use design and testing.

However, they are well reviewed and liked by those who just like flashlights, their reliability just isn't as proven or even claimed as such by the manufacturer. I wouldn't replace a Surefire with one for defensive use, but I don't mind keeping one on my keychain and in my car for general use.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDL View Post
    Did a search. Not a whole lot of discussion on their products.

<CandlePowerForums>

Feedback Score
    Like CLHC pointed out, there is lots of talk about Fenix. You just need to know where to look.

I have probably 6 different Fenix lights and all have been excellent. Best bang for the buck in the flashlight world. Fenix has proven that the Chinese can make quality tech products when they apply themselves.
    I can't tell you if they are as well built as a Surefire, because I have never felt the need to torture test any of my Fenix or Surefire lights. Surefire is starting to catch up to Fenix in LED technology. Neither lines have failed me in normal everyday use, except for the HP gas bulb Surefires. Both will hold their ground against very rough use. Fenix and Surefire fill different niches, and Fenix has a place at the top of their niche heap.
    Class 114 / T4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_Sparks View Post
    Best bang for the buck in the flashlight world. Surefire is starting to catch up to Fenix in LED technology.
    Starting to catch up? Surefire is using the same LEDs, they just don't actively go after the insane lumens crowd that buy a new Fenix every time a new Cree LED bin comes out.

Surefire instead goes for longer run times, which is what their users want. I remember a Coastie complaining that his 6P ran out of juice during larger vessel searches, Surefire designed their current LED line up for people like him. They are making some lights with much higher output, but those don't seem to be a priority since we haven't heard a peep about them since SHOT.

Anyways I've broken both of the Fenix lights that I have owned, the both were P1D, and both experienced a failure of the head, meaning that the reflector came off, but the electronics stayed on the body, leaving the flashlight on. I had to wait for the battery to die, and the light to cool off before I could remove the electronics with a strap wrench. The first one went back to the dealer who replaced it with another one, and when it happened again I red loctited the head back on and relegated it to minor work. I have now replaced it with a E1B, easier to use, same size, and is Surefire quality.

Feedback Score
    I have the Fenix TK10 as well. It's a pretty damn good light. I like the battery life and love the variable light outputs, 60 and 225 Lumens. I was so impressed, I bought two.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I carry a Fenix PSD daily, it's small, powerful, can strobe and reliable. My wife put it inside the washer and drier with my pants, it came out good as new.