Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEOs and state of awareness

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

LEOs and state of awareness

I was recently in one of our General Service Detective Squads and this is what I saw! In my thirty plus years of being an FT LEO, including a firearms instructor/trainer, etc, I've never seen anything like this... And for the doubters out there, this is not some photoshop/internut made -up image. I was there and saw it personally. The detective wearing the SERPA with issued GLOCK 27 had no clue that he'd looped the holster and gun onto his pants belt upside down.
    Be safe out there and don't allow yourself the liberty of Condition White when Condition White IS NOT APPROPRIATE.

IMG_6958.jpg

Mods- If this thread belongs elsewhere, feel free to move it. TY and edited to reflect the pistol is a G27, not a 23, in a SERPA for a 19/23...
    Last edited by demkofour; 08-26-16 at 13:11.
    It was only a momentary lapse of reason...

Feedback Score
    I can only hope that you politely informed your colleague of his faux pas after snapping that picture.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ahh the old threading a belt through a loaded holster.

So when exactly was the last time he upholstered his weapon (for any purpose)? I guessing not recently.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nah, that's just the super cool, ultra tactical, tier five operator's way of doing things.

Back in Desert Storm, we did that with our Beretta 93rs when we weren't lugging our snipers around.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yikes, just when you think you've seen it all. I'm speechless......

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't doubt you at all, but it is still hard for me to believe that anyone, let alone LEO, could be that unaware!

And nobody said anything to him? If they did, what was his reaction?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the brightside at least he remembered his gun. Have known guys who managed to actually forget to put their gun in the holster before going out on shift.

That said I would like to know his reaction to having that pointed out.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Sadly, it doesn't surprise me. There's guys in the department I work for that know next to nothing about the firearms they carry daily...not everybody has to be a gun guy, but at least be responsible enough to know the ins and outs of your firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    On the brightside at least he remembered his gun. Have known guys who managed to actually forget to put their gun in the holster before going out on shift.

That said I would like to know his reaction to having that pointed out.
    Yes, I have seen that a few times as well unfortunately. I'll second that on wanting to know his reaction.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It just makes it easier for you to see the skittle stuck in the barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast