Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tube integrity on damaged CompM4?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Tube integrity on damaged CompM4?

After a ridiculous reroute out of the country I finally recieved this on a trade today. It was damaged by usps. The packaging shows multiple punctures. It appears that it was crushed on the proximal end of the sight. The finish is flaked off where it's bent, there's no rough scrape mark on the damage. I have already emailed Aimpoint. It's not under warranty, obviously, but I wanted a repair estimate for an insurance claim at the post office. My question is, do you think the tube seal may be damaged by this? What would your advice be on how to proceed with a claim? I've never had to file a claim with usps. I'm not sure if they just give you the insurance money or what.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The unbelievable reroute:

What appears to be the spot of damage on the package:

The bent M4:

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It was shipped in a padded envelope?

I'd be screaming at whoever sent it to you....
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Aimpoint is probably fine... I've seen them take pretty good licks and keep on working. I know first hand that the postal service can break anything though.

The USPS wonders why they lose money...
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Worst case scenario... Someone sold you a beat up sight and shipped it in an envelope that provided little protection hoping that the PO would pay an insurance claim. The PO takes one look at the package and contents and tells you to pound sand. Negligent shipper. BTW.. I doubt the seal is damaged.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I would also be contacting the individual who sent it to me. I agree that shipping in a padded envelope doesn't seem to offer the protection that an expensive item like that deserves. Perhaps the person you traded with can offer you a feasible resolution or pay for damages since it appears to be caused by their lack of adequate protection.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Angry

USPS is smoking da' cracks again, I swear. I had an external HDD dock coming from Seacaucus, NJ to Pittsburgh, go to Hebron, KY for a WEEK, then to Harrisburg (skipping over me BOTH times), then to two DIFFERENT receiving docks in Warrendale, PA - then to Silver Springs, MD, Baltimore, and somewhere OUT on the Del-Mar-VA, before FINALLY coming to Pittsburgh - 3 WEEKS after I ordered it!!!

File a claim, and take it out of those gummint lardasses hide - or paycheck - or something. I know I could've WALKED to NJ and back - TWICE - before my most recent package got here.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Unless the shipper bought insurance you're screwed on the USPS end. On the other hand if they shipped you a sight that goes for over $800 new in a F*#@KING padded envelope and it came damaged then you should be asking for your money back. Jesus, I put a used leather duty belt in box just to make sure it was exactly as pictured when it arrived.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    Unless the shipper bought insurance you're screwed on the USPS end. On the other hand if they shipped you a sight that goes for over $800 new in a F*#@KING padded envelope and it came damaged then you should be asking for your money back. Jesus, I put a used leather duty belt in box just to make sure it was exactly as pictured when it arrived.
    I'm the same way. I shipped a nylon belt in a box for this reason. I also sent a weapon along that way. I don't want to sell something and it get damaged due to me trying to save a few bucks on shipping. That's what the seller did. He is so cheap he sent the cheapest way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Worst case scenario... Someone sold you a beat up sight and shipped it in an envelope that provided little protection hoping that the PO would pay an insurance claim. The PO takes one look at the package and contents and tells you to pound sand. Negligent shipper. BTW.. I doubt the seal is damaged.
    My first guess after seeing how it was shipped. Hold that seller responsible...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    This.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast