Thread: Criterion ADM Profile vs BCM Enhanced Lightweight

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Criterion ADM Profile vs BCM Enhanced Lightweight

I'm putting together a new upper. I like my BCM ELW but I've been thinking of getting a Melonite barrel.

Looking at the weights for the 14.5 they seem to weigh about the same but the ADM takes a .750 gas block.

Which one has the "better" profile?

Will be using this upper for carbine classes. Nothing crazy like mag dumps.

http://criterionbarrels.com/products...t-AR15-Barrels

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B....5-elw-bfh.htm

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I would choose the BCM ELW. I want a true 5.56 chambered barrel for my carbine vs a .223 Wylde or a hybrid match chamber that might cause problems when really dirty. Profile wise , I like the BCM a little better also. Accuracy wise with different types of ammo, the ADM barrel *might* edge out the BCM barrel, but if it does, probably not by much.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I would choose the BCM ELW. I want a true 5.56 chambered barrel for my carbine vs a .223 Wylde or a hybrid match chamber that might cause problems when really dirty. Profile wise , I like the BCM a little better also. Accuracy wise with different types of ammo, the ADM barrel *might* edge out the BCM barrel, but if it does, probably not by much.
    Whats the difference in profile? My untrained eye cannot tell just by looking at it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Criterion/ADM barrel has a gas block shoulder and larger gas block journal diameter, but shorter length:

Whereas the BCM barrel tapers down to a much less pronounced/more of a shoulder 'hump' with a smaller gas block journal diameter of a longer length (I assume ~1.9" to allow a FSB to be mounted):

Personally, I don't think either profile will be any sort of detriment to you, but I do agree that the 5.56 chambering will be more forgiving on ammo selection, use and abuse as this is not intended as a precision rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So my understanding is that more mass towards the rear manages heat better.

From the looks of it, I'm thinking that the ELW may be thicker in the rear and the ADM is thicker up front.