Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for a Sig armorer: Putting a .40 barrel in a .357 P-229?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    You should note that the front sight will be slightly higher than factor for a .40. a .40 would ship with a 6 front and 8 rear, while the .357 sig ships with 8 front and 8 rear. The only issue I had swapping barrels was figuring the POI, but once I figured out the sight heights were different it became a lot easier to compensate.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score

Question for a Sig armorer: Putting a .40 barrel in a .357 P-229?

Interesting. Never thought about the sight alignment. I can't imagine it would be that far off inside of 25 yards.

Oh well, only one way to find out. Having a another reason to go pump a couple hundred rounds at the range never hurts.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just swapped a .40 barrel for a 357 Sig one..since I like the Sig round a little better.

Feedback Score
    I'm with you. I like the .357 better. I'm just tired of trying to find it, and more so tired of paying for it. After having it for 20+ years, the higher price and lack of availability as remained steady.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12