Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Loadout is Finished

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Don't let the "A" word scare you, bro.

Compared to everything Yaecomwood I've owned this thing spanks it.

Short of moving up to a Motorola XTS-5000, APX, or picking up a Hytera/Tait/Simoco, or cutting a check for $6,000 to Harris, this thing wins.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/tri-prc148-u...rc-148-bk.html

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Really. Interesting.

This beats having to send my 6 pin liberator 2s in to have converted.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-30-16 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Bro, most ham-radio gear I've owned/had/used is built for the rugged environment of your recliner.

Not this thing...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yeah I've legit submerged the entire radio and the PTT still functioned through the peltors. I've also gotten a solid month of battery life - and reached a repeater 25 miles away through the most densely populated county in the third most populous state. And reached my buddy's mobile 8 miles away.

The A word scared me too, but I bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. I'm for serious - it ****ing works.

Doc thanks for the tip. I am with you. The reason it's in the back right now is because I don't yet have the cable to run the antenna separate from the radio and didn't want it obstructing my LOS even though OS has shown plenty of face shooters that do it that way
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-30-16 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Clarification: I am a Comms-dork.

All advisement of gear placement, and face-shooting is brought to you by GTF425.

Dude is as hard as woodpecker lips, and, at least as I understand it, once kicked a grizzly square in the sacks just to laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yeah I've legit submerged the entire radio and the PTT still functioned through the peltors. I've also gotten a solid month of battery life - and reached a repeater 25 miles away through the most densely populated county in the third most populous state. And reached my buddy's mobile 8 miles away.

The A word scared me too, but I bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. I'm for serious - it ****ing works.

Doc thanks for the tip. I am with you. The reason it's in the back right now is because I don't yet have the cable to run the antenna separate from the radio and didn't want it obstructing my LOS even though OS has shown plenty of face shooters that do it that way
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 08-30-16 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Example of antenna at rear of PC, with pigtail (cable) running from antenna to radio pouch.

Contrary to popular opinion, the human body CAN block radio waves (you can use your body as a makeshift/field-expedient Yagi antenna if in a pinch).

If you're running steel plates, and still want omnidirectional signal propagation, you definitely want to remote/high-mount that bitch.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Got to shoot last night in the rain. Sucks hard, but the radio worked without incident.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-01-16 at 12:06. Reason: Better pic
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice set up. How much does it weigh?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The PC as it sits (no belt/rifle/helmet included) is like 22.5lbs with all 4 plates, the camelbak filled with water, and 4 loaded mags.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Recommend me some side plates.

Polyethylene only. I'm too old for that heavy shit.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast