Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Loadout is Finished

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Digging the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Recommend me some side plates.

Polyethylene only. I'm too old for that heavy shit.
    If you can find the old school MSAP side plates, they are light and 6x6.

Feedback Score
    nice!

i may just be super dense today, but did i miss the link to the radio or at least the name of it?

Feedback Score
    Don't let the "A" word scare you, bro.

Compared to everything Yaecomwood I've owned this thing spanks it.

Short of moving up to a Motorola XTS-5000, APX, or picking up a Hytera/Tait/Simoco, or cutting a check for $6,000 to Harris, this thing wins.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/tri-prc148-u...rc-148-bk.html
    I like that radio. Puts my VX-7R to shame...

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Recommend me some side plates.

Polyethylene only. I'm too old for that heavy shit.
    http://www.skdtac.com/LTC-6-x-6-PE-S...-p/amr.350.htm

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

@danco:

The VX-7R is still no slouch. I've been wanting to get on 220, but not enough action around here to justify it...yet.

One of the other pluses to the '48 is that it will sink down into the Aircraft band for RX.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 09-01-16 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    oh geez. i just figured out what the 'a' word is. that is interesting, but i'm gonna wait for some reviews

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    oh geez. i just figured out what the 'a' word is. that is interesting, but i'm gonna wait for some reviews
    Still don't see it

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    I've reached a buddy's mobile rig 8 miles away. I've reached a repeater 25 miles away (With the whip antenna). I've fully submerged it, and it still worked with milspec 6 pin kit (Peltor Comtac IIIs) It sat outside during a tropical storm while mounted to a PC and never skipped a beat. There are videos of guys using that radio to smash cinderblocks on Youtube to prove it's strength, and it has a legit Thales battery and full stainless steel connections internally.

What exactly are you looking for someone to test? I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by quino171 View Post
    Still don't see it
    It was made for Airsoft folks, but I can understand the hesitation people have. Most folk's experience with Airsoft "copies" involves a cheap Chinese-made BCM handguard that crushes like an aluminum can.

I won't sit here and say that radio is the same as a .mil PRC-148, but it isn't $6,000 either.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-02-16 at 07:22.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Euro, drop it out of a helicopter, drag it behind a 4-runner, and then blow it up and we'll believe you!

It'll do anything a Ham Dual-bander will do, with twice the power, and is built for something other than lounging in a recliner, rag-chewing about hip-replacements and Golden Corral.

I sold mine to pick up a digital radio, but I'll absolutely be picking up another 48 Clone.

The big sell for me is that, should you take away its inherent positives, the integration with issue-kit justifies the purchase alone. Most hamateur accessories like external mics, earpieces, and headsets are totally joke status. Like, laughably bad. The fact that you can slap a legit Thales/Harris fist-mic; hook up a set of Comtacs; and even slap a donkey dick antenna on it, seals the MF'in deal.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Built like a tank.
    10 watts ERP
    True dual-watch/receive
    Cross-band repeat
    Full-compatibility with .mil hardware (Comtacs, Sordins, Thales PTT, etc.)

If it could freq-hop I'd have a nerdgasm...

Don't let the "A" word scare you, bro.

Compared to everything Yaecomwood I've owned this thing spanks it.

Short of moving up to a Motorola XTS-5000, APX, or picking up a Hytera/Tait/Simoco, or cutting a check for $6,000 to Harris, this thing wins.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/tri-prc148-u...rc-148-bk.html
    OK....comms peeple hlpz....

Like, legit I want to go out and get 5 of those airsoft ripoff 148s RIGHT NOW. That solves so much with what I've been trying to hash out about comms it's not even funny. Except the lack of freq hop, but... eh, I guess brevity codes are in order anyway....

But that radio in the picture says "THALES" on it, and the JK airsoft thing is TRI, or whoever the hell made it....
    Which radio are the previous posts talking about per using in rain and durability?

If the airsoft one is what Euro's running in that rainfest (great AAR btw), that sure puts a lot of concerns at ease....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast