Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets look at/talk about EDC/Weapon Lights OTHER than Surefire.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Thanks for the link. It did note that they have more throw than most in their class.

Feedback Score
    I have been using a Streamlight Microstream for a year or so now after I retired an old well loved Surefire G2. So far I love the Microstream for all my usual uses for a flashlight at work and at home. If I'm gonna need more light, I have other devices for that.

I run a TLR1s on my pistols and a Streamlight 88058 ProTac Railmount 1L on my AK. The 1L is brand new and I am excited to see how it performs.

I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTMAJ View Post
    Have used Surefire, Streamlight and Elzetta all work well I really like the new streamlight Duel fuel AA/123 for SHTF possibilities
    I'm assuming this is the new Streamlight?
    http://www.streamlight.com/static/do...ADataSheet.pdf

What is the beam/throw range like?
    Which setting does it default to?

I currently have a Nitecore SRT for specifically the reason of dual-battery sourcing, but.... for a $70 light, and some of the things I've heard about NC's selector rings, I haven't done much with it.
    Depending on the above questions, I'd be more than interested in a similar offering from Streamlight.

Per the thread-
    I've gone with Elzetta for my long gun lights.
    Currently using a Thrunite T10 for EDC.
    I may consider an Inforce WML if I ever get around to building a pistol before stupid begins, just for the slightly slicker/angled design and lockout option.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying some version of a Streamlight for 30 years now. In all that time, I'd only had one minor problem with a switch, and it was immediately fixed under factory warranty at no charge.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I'm assuming this is the new Streamlight?
    http://www.streamlight.com/static/do...ADataSheet.pdf

What is the beam/throw range like?
    Which setting does it default to?

I currently have a Nitecore SRT for specifically the reason of dual-battery sourcing, but.... for a $70 light, and some of the things I've heard about NC's selector rings, I haven't done much with it.
    Depending on the above questions, I'd be more than interested in a similar offering from Streamlight.

Per the thread-
    I've gone with Elzetta for my long gun lights.
    Currently using a Thrunite T10 for EDC.
    I may consider an Inforce WML if I ever get around to building a pistol before stupid begins, just for the slightly slicker/angled design and lockout option.
    You wont regret that Inforce WML....its a dandy.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I just saw the link for that new Streamlight. Looks like an upgrade from the Nitecore SRT.

Nitecore makes A decent light, but I would carry a Streamlight or sure fire if I thought my life might actually depend on it. Yes, I own a two Nitrcores. They are decent toolbox and back up lights, but I would not rely on one is a primary. That's just me.

I also have an Inforce multifunction light. Got to admit, it's pretty darn cool, but after a couple years the interface with the multiple LEDs does not work properly anymore.

My best advice would be to simply stick with the basics. Hard to go wrong with Streamlight OR Surefire. If you don't like one, the other will suit you fine. If you don't like either of those brands, then I'm not really sure what to say.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    I've been using a pro tac for 3 years now. I love it. The newer ones have a programmable cap that can change the light modes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123