Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 Trijicon HD front Sight Height

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Additionally.... FWIW.... I think the notch width in the Vickers rear is going to be too narrow for a Trijicon front. Isn't the Trij like .144" or so? I don't know what the notch in the Vickers Rear is, but I suspect it's around .140 or less. If that isn't an issue, the Vickers fronts are .230 and .245 high iirc. So you're going to want the .230 most likely. Definitely not .185 as that's stock height. And .245" only if you're hitting high at 25y.

Like above poster, I have an Americglo on one of my Glocks, like it. More options than the Trijicon, but where the ameriglo's paint is open to the air, the Trijicon is sealed, that's a better solution.
    Wilson says to use .245 with the Vickers rear. I've already ordered, so I'll take pictures and post on here when they come in next week. I appreciate the suggestions though!

Feedback Score
    Here are a couple pics of the sight picture on my Gen3 19.

This one was from 1.5 feet away.

This one was from 3.5 feet away.

I'll can't shoot till this weekend, but I'll report what it's like after.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How's the finish on the Wilson rear sight, smooth, sharp? I have Trijicon HD sights on it now but the rear sight is unbearably sharp, it cuts into my side or belly when carrying IWB. I've done some file work and plan on more file work this weekend to, "take the edge off". If still no joy, I may try the Wilson on my G19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locknload223 View Post
    How's the finish on the Wilson rear sight, smooth, sharp? I have Trijicon HD sights on it now but the rear sight is unbearably sharp, it cuts into my side or belly when carrying IWB. I've done some file work and plan on more file work this weekend to, "take the edge off". If still no joy, I may try the Wilson on my G19.
    It's not sharp. The only sharp point is on the corner of the U-notch, and that won't be touching your side.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheLibrarian View Post
    It's not sharp. The only sharp point is on the corner of the U-notch, and that won't be touching your side.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheLibrarian View Post
    Here are a couple pics of the sight picture on my Gen3 19.

This one was from 1.5 feet away.

This one was from 3.5 feet away.

I'll can't shoot till this weekend, but I'll report what it's like after.
    Looks good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I just have to add .030 worth of JB weld to the top of my front HD to work with he Wilson , or buy a new front sight. That sight picture looks nice. It looks like the scallop in the rear sight aids in drawing the eye up and center, it does for me at least. Glad you posted this thread, it gives me some ideas, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12