Thread: Part # for spring in Surefire XC1?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Part # for spring in Surefire XC1?

So I took apart one of my XC1s as the plastic sealing plate was bulging out a bit and hanging up on one of my tighter fitting holsters. When I did this I somehow lost the tiny copper spring that makes contact between the lamp head and the battery. So now the light doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to get another one of these or what a suitable substitute would be? I thought about cutting down a spring from a lower parts kit to put in there but doesn't seem like my best idea.

I've been on hold with Surefire now for over an hour, those guys need to hire a few a more customer service reps.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 08-31-16 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Try emailing them.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just to close this off. I got ahold of Surefire and explained the problem, they offered to send a "replacement right away". 10 days later I got a new battery cap and gasket. I emailed them back explaining I needed the spring and they told me I needed to send the light in on an RMA for repair. It's not worth it, I will just use a substitute spring.

If anyone ever figures out what the official part # is for the spring please add it to this thread so I can order a few.

Moral of the story, don't lose the stupid ****ing microscopic spring when you take the light apart.