Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC CQB or QDS?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

KAC CQB or QDS?

I'm looking to get my first suppressor. I currently have a 16in SR-15 but will be acquiring an 11.5 as well. For those who have experience with both suppressors, which one would you go with? I understand neither are hearing safe but how much less hearing safe is the CQB can? I've shot a 12.5 with the NT4 and while it wasn't hearing safe, even being left handed it wasn't painfully loud. Use will be for duty, HD and classes/matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My first choice would be an NT4, available right now for the first time in IDK how long.
    Everyone pops wood over the CQB QDC cans but they are louder, my last choice would be the full-size QDC can.
    There's a nice vid comparing these cans on youtube, forgot the dudes name but he's got damn near every KAC can.

Theres a video of a KAC NT4 with 50k rounds cross sectioned on KAC channel on youtube, pretty cool. Rated for full auto saw use as well which doesn't apply to you but pretty rad!

Feedback Score
    I have both. Get the QDC if this is going to be your first suppressor. The CQB version is nowhere near hearing safe.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    My first choice would be an NT4, available right now for the first time in IDK how long.
    Everyone pops wood over the CQB QDC cans but they are louder, my last choice would be the full-size QDC can.
    There's a nice vid comparing these cans on youtube, forgot the dudes name but he's got damn near every KAC can.

Theres a video of a KAC NT4 with 50k rounds cross sectioned on KAC channel on youtube, pretty cool. Rated for full auto saw use as well which doesn't apply to you but pretty rad!
    I've considered the NT4 for no other reason than it works with an A2. How is it as far as zero shift is concerned?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the KAC QDC full size can I shoot on a 16" SR-15. While I do think it is built like a tank, There is no way I would choose the CQB if I were looking to purchase from KAC's line. As long as you are not between buildings or under an awning, you can go with no ears. In the open its not bad at all. I would describe it as being on the upper limit on needing ear protection.

Excellent purchase.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    QDC; I put $ where mouth is. MAMS + QDC= the sh-t.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post

I've seen the video you're talking about and while it shows something, it's impossible to really gauge what a can sounds like from a video. I have a video of me shooting a Colt 12.5 GLSSC with an NT4 and it sounds substantially louder than it actually was.

I like the NT4 and I won't rule it out completely but I like that my SR-15 is already set up for a QDS can, and I like even more that the QDS weighs about half as much as an NT4. I admit though that the NT4 is probably the most bomb proof 5.56mm can on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    I have the KAC QDC full size can I shoot on a 16" SR-15. While I do think it is built like a tank, There is no way I would choose the CQB if I were looking to purchase from KAC's line. As long as you are not between buildings or under an awning, you can go with no ears. In the open its not bad at all. I would describe it as being on the upper limit on needing ear protection.

Excellent purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    QDC; I put $ where mouth is. MAMS + QDC= the sh-t.
    Sounds like the full size QDS is the way to go. I'm more concerned with noise and blast than 2 inches of length.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the CQB which is used on a 11.5. Its nice having a shorter oal and some sound reduction but its still pretty loud. I did some training a while back where another team was using the same guns but with the full size QDC and I was impressed with the difference in sound reduction.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you do not have a mams on the gun yet, check it for fit. I have 2 SR-15's with mams and one is very tight putting on/ removing my can, the other is perfect.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    If you do not have a mams on the gun yet, check it for fit. I have 2 SR-15's with mams and one is very tight putting on/ removing my can, the other is perfect.
    I don't have a MAMS brake but I have the three prong QDC flash hider.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast