Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC CQB or QDS?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I don't have a MAMS brake but I have the three prong QDC flash hider.
    I put three prongs on several rifles. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Mr. Goodtimes;2373364]I'm looking to get my first suppressor. I currently have a 16in SR-15 but will be acquiring an 11.5 as well. For those who have experience with both suppressors, which one would you go with? I understand neither are hearing safe but how much less hearing safe is the CQB can? I've shot a 12.5 with the NT4 and while it wasn't hearing safe, even being left handed it wasn't painfully loud. Use will be for duty, HD and classes/matches.

I run all of these and other options, the KAC cans are really good overall. I would tend to think that most first time buyers would lean towards the full sized QDC can rather than the CQB moderator as a preferred choice. The older NT-4 is built like a tank and is great for what it is, but the newer lighter cans do swing around easier for use, another plus with the newer cans is the available precision among other things. The full size QDC and the NT-4 do not sound the same, but both tend to meter really close to each other.
    The CQB cans do take a lot of the bite from the muzzle pop and keeps the OAL short. They are light and short and for some situations they are great, but I would lean towards the full size for most.
    On a side note, when the signature reduction isn't required for any can for an AR, I would rather use at least some of that possible OAL with an addition of barrel length. If the signature reduction required is less than a full size can for that same OAL, I would tend towards more of a moderator with more barrel length. Knowing this, if this was placed in a pie chart the majority would either be without a can and a longer barrel, or a shorter barrel with the full sized can. The reduced size moderator would be a much smaller slice of that pie for use.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I've considered the NT4 for no other reason than it works with an A2. How is it as far as zero shift is concerned?
    The NT4 does not mount on the A2 flash hider.
    There is a dedicated mount, with an orientation slot, and shims and rocksett, that is to be used with the NT4.

Zero shift with the NT4, according to required mil adherence/acceptance spec, must be within 2.14 inches at 100 meters.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Whats the shift supposed to be on the QDC ? Mine is about 2 low 1 right....or 1.75 @ 5 o'clock. And this is at 50 yards sighting it in.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The NT4 does not mount on the A2 flash hider.
    There is a dedicated mount, with an orientation slot, and shims and rocksett, that is to be used with the NT4.

Zero shift with the NT4, according to required mil adherence/acceptance spec, must be within 2.14 inches at 100 meters.
    Ah, gotcha. Not sure where I got the A2 from then. Thanks

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Ah, gotcha. Not sure where I got the A2 from then. Thanks
    Probably because the standard NT4 suppressor mount looks just like an A2 only it has a spiral groove and a notch cut into it.

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can't find a side by side comparison on line but has anyone heard both the Surefire Socom RC2 and the QDC? Going off the videos it almost sounds like the SOCOM RC2 is quieter (lower tone)?

It's so hard to tell in a video but the tone definitely sounds a lot lower on the RC2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can't find a side by side comparison on line but has anyone heard both the Surefire Socom RC2 and the QDC? Going off the videos it almost sounds like the SOCOM RC2 is quieter (lower tone)?

It's so hard to tell in a video but the tone definitely sounds a lot lower on the RC2.

Jwknutson may have both. Hit him up via PM.

Feedback Score
    The QDC will be more effective obviously. They feel similar on the rifle so I chose the QDC version

Feedback Score

I have both, but I use the QDC on an 11.5" gun and the SOCOM on a 16" so sound comparisons aren't really valid. I haven't really done a methodical side by side comparison but I am perfectly happy with both. As the shooter I haven't noticed that one sound obviously lower or otherwise different than the other. Next time I'm at the range with a friend I'll try to remember to do a comparison standing away a bit without ear pro while somebody else shoots.

I prefer the QDC mount to the Surefire (Surefire always gets stuck or more stuck) so that might be a good tie breaker if both are available and similar price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast