Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New build finished

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    Looks great. Solid parts list as well. There is nothing like piecing together a solid rifle from quality parts. Gives you a very satisfied feeling and a bond with that rifle that you just don't get with a store bought one. Congrats and hope she runs as good as she looks.

Feedback Score
    Slick looking build.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Nicklesworth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a solid build. I like it!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmashowtime View Post
    I like it but I still prefer my Micros. I don't now if its just my eyes but I get more glare and the dot is not near as clean in the MRO vs the Aimpoint.
    I just put a new MRO with a Larue Tactical quick release mount on one of my customs and I love it so far. I don't get the tunnel effect with this optic. The controls are stupid simple as well and it's built like a tank. I will say the only thing that is a bit off is that it's slightly magnified. Not much but enough that if you look for it you will see. Doesn't affect me but it's noticeable. All in all solid optic and I would buy another one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    MRO works better mounted closer to the eye than the T1 and T2. OP might want to try moving the MRO back toward the rear of the receiver. Magnification effect basically disappears for me when this is done. Glare issues are also reduced for me this way but they are still more present than a Micro. I think this is probably due to the larger objective.

I am not qualified to discuss dot crispness. Astigmatism is a bitch.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The G rail has always been one of the best looking handguards. The MLOK version makes me want to convert for cosmetics alone. Well done OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Is there any pros to the MRO over a T1 or T2?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Price.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Very nice rig. I just got an MK8 myself.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    At this level it basically comes down to which one you like the look of better. They are both awesome optics, and lets face it, they are red dots, so there isn't much to them. Both the aim point and the trijicon are extremely robust. If I was going to give one a bit of an edge I would say the trijicon is a bit better for me in my opinion. Reasons being I like the knob placement on the MRO, it's easy to use with either hand and has a nice positive click when switching modes. Also the larger objective doesn't create that tunnel vision that some tube optics have so that was another selling point for me. Then of course the price, which I don't get why or how the aimpoint is more money than the trijicon when they are so similar and both are extremely high end red dots. I've also found that everyone sees see the dots of these optics different. To me the trijicon was a more clear and crisp dot, but I've also heard some people saying the exact opposite, so it's always best to actually get one in your hands to check out before dropping $500+ on a red dot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12