Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 930: Was going to shorten barrel, decided to replace it... Then sold it!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTexas View Post
    I've used a basic pipe cutter to good effect. Clean, even cut.
    Tighten, spin back and forth. Tighten again, spin back and forth. Repeat as necessary.
    The vented rib will need to be hacksawed, filed, and blued.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/BrassCraft-...tter/999903321

Or you could get a new barrel.
    Please tell us you are drunk.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cutting the barrel back on a 930 will change the gas system. It will have to be adjusted in terms of ports and/or piston/spring. Aimpro was playing this idea several years ago and I have no idea if they ever got it to work. However that was back before the SPX really took off, and now it is a lot easier (as suggested) to just get a new barrel.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bringing this one back. Actually tried to sell the shotgun to pick something else up. Unsurprisingly, no takers even with some competitive price drops. Not wanting to deal with Gunbroker or the local backpage strangeness, I said screw it and ordered a new barrel, appropriate Nordic mag extension, Nordic oversize bolt knob and enhanced follower for the mag. About $275 invested and I'll get some of it back by selling the 24" barrel if I decide to. We'll see how it runs when the parts come in and I get it put together.

For now, curious if anyone has run the OR3Gun Marine Spacer and experienced increased reliability?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have not had any issues using the OR3gun marine spacer, but I do clean at about 300 shells fired, if not sooner.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good to know. I would start to get spotty feeding after a couple of hundred or so sounds like it's improvement. I'll order one in the next few weeks. For now this is how it sits:

Without shooting it, I am happy with how it feels. So much more handy with the 18.5" barrel. Should be able to put some shells through it this weekend.
    Last edited by Vegas; 07-15-17 at 03:32.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    I have not had any issues using the OR3gun marine spacer, but I do clean at about 300 shells fired, if not sooner.
    Which version did you get?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Got it out to shoot today and ran a quick box through it. Actually, a slow box because I had 5 stoppages out of 25. Found out the hard way that Winchester Universal is garbage. Given that it was like sitting on the surface of the sun today, I gave up quick and will revisit when I pick up some better ammo. The positives were though that it handles much nicer with the shorter barrel and life is so much nice with a better bolt handle.

Feedback Score
    Winchester Universal is garbage, but it's not the issue. Mossberg's QC is. The design is great, but there are lots of tooling marks and grease that needs to be removed.
    Follow this guide
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/arc.../t-287224.html

This took me about 3 hours and I was still getting ftfs. Of all things, the extractor was too tight, and it was causing shells to chamber at about a 20 degree angle and become stuck when entering the chamber. I removed and degreased all parts of the extractor, weakened the spring with sandpaper, and polished the detent. My gun is awesome now, and runs even the cheapest lowbrass birdshot I can find.

These are great alternatives to Benelli, but they need some work to run.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your photos don't work in the link provided, I'd be interested to see them, could you do them here?

Feedback Score
    It's not my post, and I don't have the pictures. From what I remember, they pictured the bolt and slide assembly engagement, and said to ensure the square cutout on the slide assembly was smooth. The other pictures were of the recoil spring and gas rings. They weren't that important. Just remember how the rings assemble, and you will be okay.

If you have any questions about it I'll help the best I can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast